Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

Great pics Jamie, when the weather is nice up there it really is stunning scenery, I've noticed the temperature has definately dropped of late though.

I think I've got my lights sorted for the next few years, managed to "persuede" my Torchy 650lumen light to accept a GoPro mount (ie cutting/filing/bolts/washers) , so it now fits onto a Garmin style Out Front mount on the Handlebars :D
And I splurged out on a Halfords 1600lumen front light and helmet mount, seems to get good reviews for the price, and is a game changer for riding off road and actually being able to see what's coming around the corners, I used it tonight on lowest setting and just switched to full power for the unlit off road bits, worked well and didn't have any problems with it on my helmet.
Roll on the night rides! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20201028_205635.jpg
    IMG_20201028_205635.jpg
    781 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_20201028_205617.jpg
    IMG_20201028_205617.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_20201028_194457.jpg
    IMG_20201028_194457.jpg
    944.8 KB · Views: 334
Jamie and I discovered the benefits of good lights one night.

We were flat chat down the fast descent on the old Puffer track. We found a tree that had got tired and had a snooze across the track.

Hi Macretro clan
Weather up here has been pretty wild with the wind getting up to 87mph today! Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I didn't manage to get a ride in.
I did however manage to make a start putting the King of Mercia back on the road for the winter duties.
I managed during the week to touch up the really bad touch up to the scrapes and chips that had been there since I bought it several years ago. The local car factors have a really good reputation for paint matching so I took the forks in during the week and the young guys was really helpful. The first choice which was pretty much perfect was a Peugeot Kingfisher blue but for some reason the computer wouldn't divulge the ingredients for that one so we had to go with second best which, while being a shade greener was a far sight better than what was on there. I knew it wouldn't be perfect but needed to be an improvement and not stand out so much. Job accomplished.
Anyway, hope everyone is safe and well and had a decent weekend.

Jamie

you can see this older photo shows the touch up on the top tube and how it stands out
IMG_2464 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

This I believe is a good bit better
IMG_4177 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

From todays mock up
IMG_4196 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4199 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4193 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4189 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4202 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4204 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4208 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

No he's not, it's not rare, they still make them, so they can still fix them. It's up there with a Dawes Super Galaxy which would be my choice but it's still a daily jobbing tourer/utility workhorse toughly built and reliable. It just happens to look good as well :cool:

Re:

Remember the Adventure Syndicate film premiers on Vimeo tonight at 7.
It’s the film of the cargo bike race they did for New Years and the reasons for it. Edinburgh to Copenhagen.
£5 and all to a good cause.
I am heading back out on the cargo bike to try and complete their fun challenges before the film, having trouble finding a high enough hill up here and now finding its twenty odd mile to the nearest electric charging point and trying to get it so I can finish at sunset :)
And be home for 7 ;)
Keeps me socially distanced from everyone :)

Jamie

Just back in from this evenings ride and unfortunately I didn't manage all the tasks set for the Adventure Syndicate Match the miles ride, not that I am bothered as I got my sunset shot and am home about to watch the premier.
I will be back out first thing in the morning to find the last few :)
All good fun and it was good to be back out night riding, as well as to be out on the Dummy.

Jamie

IMG_4215 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4227 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Night Owl ;)
IMG_4231 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4233 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4237 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Just about to order this :D :D :D -
https://www.scott-sports.com/gb/en/prod ... =280760009
Still the full sus 29er I so want, but better suited to my actual needs rather than the perceived ones :?

Had a very nice chat today with the shop with the owner , and I didnt feel directed towards the wrong/more expensive end as I felt phoning some of the other ebike sellers, although it is expensive, Im pretty sure I've made the correct choice.
Nice lights too.

Attachments

• SCOTT-AXIS-ERIDE-EVO-BIKE_Details-_011-Bearbeitet_web_optimiert-1280x853 (Custom).jpg
    SCOTT-AXIS-ERIDE-EVO-BIKE_Details-_011-Bearbeitet_web_optimiert-1280x853 (Custom).jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 174
Certainly looks the business Dyna, full suss and comes with lights, what's not to like?
Can't really go wrong with a Scott can you?

Jamie

Latest posts

Back