Show us what you did today, thread

Cheers Jamie.
I understand this is the type of ebike i need,I'm just a little concerned over some points A.Price, compared to whats available in the sus mtb rage at the same money, More trail and AM with nicer forks and shock, but effectively the same spec.
Plus its a heavyweight 28kg, many of the sus mtb's are about 24/25kg, so not a huge difference, but its that range is affected most I think.

I'm getting this from Love Ebike,and chatting to the owner(Also on the spectrum) you can tell he's pretty absorbed into the Ebike subject,whereas the other bike shops its just a another sale, hence me changing my mind from sus mtb to sus hybrid. His background is the UK rep for Ibis,and he talked about his time in sales for different manufacturers, Raleigh, scott, cube santa cruz and others. All in all I reckon I trust his opinion as opposed to the others ive contacted over the last month.

No doubt Ill tinker, and change the spec to hope brakes and stem and maybe other bits and bobs, but that seems to be the way of many, to tinker, change and tinker some more :LOL:
Lot of cash all the same, far more than I've ever spent on anything in my life.

It sounds like you've done your research and also worked out what you really need and balanced it against what you wanted originally. It also makes a huge difference to things trusting who your buying from, for peace of mind, especially on such an expensive purchase.
Good for you mate, go for it.

Jamie

Re:

Looks good Dyna.
Same Bosch motor and battery I’ve got an mine and it’s great. Tyres are a variety of what’s on my gravel bike and I’ve been really impressed with what they’ll handle. I imagine the 2.25 version will be even better in rough surfaces, especially with help from suspension.
Don’t write off the standard brakes without trying them. 203 rotors will be plenty powerful. Also, looks like internal cabling which is a complete ballache to redo if you don’t have to. Plus hubs are centrelock which means using the standard rotors or messing about with adaptors.
Hope you don’t have to wait too long for it.

If I place a deposit down(£250) then its effectively mine for sure come January or so, though I always have some doubts as to when it actually will arrive. Easy to promise but the way things are I suspect there will be issues come that time.

Hopefully I'll be able to go off camping, or maybe even keep up with you lot on one of the XC jaunts.
Partly scared, partly excited :LOL:

I'll look at the brakes/etc again. As you say rerouting it all will be a pain and the brakes are supposedly M520 :? Deore 4 pot I think
You know me though, Hope mad :LOL:

But really its down to overall weight which decreases range, so reworking it for lighter kit has to be the best idea.

Sounds like a well thought out plan, which is always good but more so as the price increases.
That new bike feeling of excitement tinged with nervousness of spending so much money :)

Jamie

Re:

Bike weight doesn’t make huge difference on range. Total system weight might (ie rider + bike + cargo) but any potential savings are a pretty small part of that.
Range is more effected by the power level you use and how steep the hills are.
Have drained it in 20 miles at Comrie using emtb mode, but did 28 at Dunkeld in tour and still had 2 bars left (out of five).

Bound to make a bit of difference i would have thought, but as you say howe much exactly is likely not to be a great deal. But I do love to 'Upgarde' if noto it keeps the mind and hands busy :cool:

New bike excitement. Hmmm last new in box bike ive ever had i think was the 1995 Cannondale M200. From then its been seconds, thirds and likely sevenths :LOL: but yeah, good to get something new for a change.

Re:

Interesting but a hell of a lot of moola - then again you get what you pay for I suppose.

I'm not at the Ebike stage yet but no doubt I will be before too long. I've oggled a few in Halfrauds then immidiately run a mile looking for mind bleach - ugley fekkers they are :shock:

These guys at FLX on the other hand, I'm quite fond of....

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/04/meet-th ... n-dollars/

Interesting but a hell of a lot of moola - then again you get what you pay for I suppose.

Or not, really. And this has been the big problem for me the canniest of Scots.

The example is this scott is 4 1/2K For that you get a 2nd bottom RS or Suntour(Gahhhh)fork, a standard shock, basic wheels and mid range brakes.
Compare that to an out and out mtb. Same money or a couple of hundred more, you get a retail £900 fork(fox factory) a £400 shock and pretty much the same 12 spd eagle shifter/mech and slightly higher brakes.
So when you add approximate cost of battery and motor, the cost just doesnt make sense. Almost like buy the lesser and the cash mark up has to be a thousand, maybe more :?
Hence me wanting the full on mtb, just basically because the parts far exceed the lesser bike(i say lesser, but you know what I mean)
Im not 20 yr old any more:LOL: so what Im buying is probably best suited, its just the spec/cost between the two frigging annoys me.

Back