'95 Schwinn Homegrown Team FS

al

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Very quick chucking together of a few parts just to get the feel for my new project. It's an early Schwinn FS built by Control Tech.
I have been rounding up parts for it for a few weeks, mostly Ritchey WRC finishing kit. The frame will be off for paint, just as soon as I can.

Cheers,

al.

Attachments

• IMG_20200326_110731.jpg
    IMG_20200326_110731.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 605
Re: '95 Schwinn Homegrown FS

oh Christ.. I thought you only did far out weird and obscure

I've one of those :shock:

Admittedly its a couple of years newer still the same sweet spot technology by John Costellano

I build what makes me happy...

al.

Re:

Hopefully colour match the levers.

al.

Attachments

• IMG_20200219_175328.jpg
    IMG_20200219_175328.jpg
    809.5 KB · Views: 574

al":3ue03ovo said:

al.

And thats the best answer / reason to do anything, looking forward to seeing what you do with yours :LOL:

I rolled mine in Glitter viewtopic.php?f=6&t=314524

Attachments

• 1997 Schwinn Homegrown FS Bassboat Blue m950_zps7uoskj45.jpg
    1997 Schwinn Homegrown FS Bassboat Blue m950_zps7uoskj45.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 577

Retro Spud":31ee7gtz said:
al":31ee7gtz said:

al.

And thats the best answer / reason to do anything, looking forward to seeing what you do with yours :LOL:

And if mine turns out half as nice as yours, I'd be chuffed to bits.

I really like the idea of a polished rear, but don't have the patience.

al.

Love the look of these! I think the black rear triangle looks great on black rims/tires. Maybe a blackish fork might do it more justice (depending on the upcoming frame color)?

Retro Spud":2045m7mp said:
al":2045m7mp said:

al.

I've totally missed that Retro Spud's awesome bass boat blue version :cool: I have a Schwinn Straight 6 project with that exact bass boat blue color scheme, polished rear triangle, and even the main scheme on the decals is the same. This must be a -97 model? Was the blue only available then?

Dami":1yr4v4pw said:
I've totally missed that Retro Spud's awesome bass boat blue version :cool: I have a Schwinn Straight 6 project with that exact bass boat blue color scheme, polished rear triangle, and even the main scheme on the decals is the same. This must be a -97 model? Was the blue only available then?

I’ve got the 97 catalogue and in it is Bassboat blue but with a V brake only arse end - however mines got the disc tabs which came out in 98 but that year they stopped doing Bassboat blue so it’s either a cross over fusion or a warranty replacement back end - who knows

Al’s is from the first year of production and the original incarnation of the sweet spot technology

Schwinn's Bassboat colors on the Homegrown series is some of my favorite ever thrown at a frame. The depth of the red they used with all that flake simply shines!

Back