Bike of the month August 2019 - NOMINATIONS

Like was said, it’s all about TT but mainly, seat tube height for me. I can’t outrun 99% of the good people here but I’m 50. That Ritchey is set up in a ‘race stance’ and will get my vote for BOTM. Sweet build and one that makes you want to throw a leg over.

Smithjss70":9s110xd4 said:
Like was said, it’s all about TT but mainly, seat tube height for me. I can’t outrun 99% of the good people here but I’m 50. That Ritchey is set up in a ‘race stance’ and will get my vote for BOTM. Sweet build and one that makes you want to throw a leg over.

Thanks for the nice comment.

Thanks for all the entries this month. Poll will go up in the next day or two

Peachy!":1oq6j08p said:
How does this qualify as a retro bike? It was built in 2019....
fair call. but in the defence of the yeti. i have in the past been able to submit and breezermk1 made in 2016 but the tubes and parts were period correct and roberts white spider where i had replaced the whole front end.

So retro to a period but not concours date correct for all components.

p5pb9453737.jpg

p5pb10314164.jpg

Peachy!":xmvb5u8i said:
*****EDIT****

Here is my poorly phrased question that unintentionally started such a fracas; :facepalm:

How does this qualify as a retro bike? It was built in 2019....

I leave it here not to be controversial but to give context to what follows.
With the use of that wonderful tool hindsight, I can see how it was misconstrued as rude and confrontational and have discussed amicably with Smithjss70 via PM since.
Please, do me a favour and try to refrain from quoting it, as the last thing I want is for any further bad feeling.

Peachy.... :|

sure no problem. i think it was a legit question. one that has been asked before in fairness. i think there was a question of effort to find original over replication. i think we have allowed before but it's a good question when a new yeti or breezer crop up and get votes. i have benefited from this before so maybe i am not unbiased...

Latest posts

Back