New (again) Loch Tay ride - Autumn 2018

Re:

Last time was fun though weather caused us to cut it short if I remember. If I can make it, it will not be on the gas pipe special I tried to take out a Fiesta with on a cattle grid :)

Scotland
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Dry??
We can always live in hope ;)

Jamie

Re:

Sorry guys - having to bail from this due to incident involving my right kneecap and concrete floor. Suffice to say knee about football sized but less round :|

Waiting on Xray - hopefully soft tissue damage but currently unable to walk or put any weight on it without stick. Dont think I'll be cycling much soon but will see what Xray reveals :facepalm:

Pity as its a cracking (LOL) route as the trees are changing colour. Feel free to go ahead and make me jealous.....

Usual route is start/finish at Killin, westwards through Glen Lochay to Kenknock, then over the steep hill into Glen Lyon, then east to Fortingall and Kenmore then back to Killin via south Loch Tay road. This avoids the busy sections. Approx 60 miles.

Can shorten by turning south from Glen Lyon at Bridge of Balgie (tearoom and cakes) and through to Ben Lawers and Killin. Approx 30/35 miles.

Could also start/finish at Kenmore obviously..........

Bah!

Re:

Jeezo that sounds nasty, hope it's just just soft tissue as you say. Seems life has a habit of bringing as back down to earth just as we make plans lol. My back still is not 100% but I'm doing everything I can to get fit again, makes you appreciate just being able to move freely!

Re:

OK, I am not up to full 60 odd mile loop but I was more than happy with that abridged version we did last time. Are any of us up for this and if so pick a date in October, preferably a Saturday in my case as I need a day in bed to recover before I return to work. Basically I am happy to coordinate this meet, I think we should do this :)

I'm in as long as it's not the weekend of the 24hour Wembo race as I am crew chief/pit manager for Brian ;)

Jamie

Re:

What sort of average speed do you guys go at on one of these road rides?
And more importantly, how frequently do you stop for coffee and cake refueling?

We go at a very relaxed pace and we stop whenever someone wants to stop :) There's no pressure or machismo we are just out for a social ride to enjoy ourselves.
Jamie

Back