Loch Katrine Loop

It's more the fact that you posted it here without prior permission that irked me; you just told me you were doing it and assumed I wouldn't mind. I always link to individual images anonymously when I share them.

You'd be well and truly fubared carrying an ebike up or down the bealach then; this was ten years ago and I'm now in my fifties and lots of things hurt more and more - before and after a bike ride!
You see, I wear my heart on my sleeve so I've been told, and am free and open about everything and wouldnt have for myself considered sending some pics to ever be a problem. Hence not understanding that anyone would think differential;y from that , so pretty much acted in that realm. Thats me in a nutshell, just dont think about anything leading to becoming a problem
Again, sorry to offend.

I used to hillwalk, and spent time in my youth getting from A-B in whatever is the most direct route possible, and even today my cycling jaunts are rarely via the road system, rather along there, across that ,over this and so on. I proposed this here because I've previously been on a couple of macretro jaunts, which pretty much always look like this when you get 1/2 way into it.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Anyway, moving on... sometime I'll download the photos and upload them here as it looks like the Retrobike forum has its own image hosting; that way they'll be here for anyone else that's curious about the south side of Loch Katrine - and they can see what the terrain is like.

Last edited:
Yes, the forum finally had an upgrade recently! It's not so "retro" these days, which means it's much easier to upload pics 👍🏻

If you don't mind some on-road bits I can heartily commend the Round-Loch-Katrine-and-Ben-Venue-with-excursion-to-Inversnaid route...

Katrine.jpg

Back