GT Xizang Serial number thread

Xizang on ebay

Hey guys I just listed my Xizang on eBay. Not trying to get anyone to buy it. Just seemed like you guys were making a list of serial numbers. Mine has the number G18500. I’m guessing it’s a 1998 model?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3375816965

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi,
Old thread but just bought GT Xizang, serial number G20015.
Its a 20 inch frame so probably number 15 in the run?
Decals are yellow and has internal cable routing near the head tube.
Any info would be great on spec / year it should be.
Thanks.

Waiting on delivery of my new Xizang. No fork or decals, so difficult to ID. Serial # is KB 99500 20.

According to previous posts, it should be a 1999.

Looks like it was made for Cantilever brakes. Can someone confirm that?

I am assuming it would have had a Threaded fork, but 1" or 1-1/8". Confirm that ?

the photo of the frame that I grabbed from the Ebay listing is too large to post here :(

here is the original listing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GT-Xizang-20-0 ... 7675.l2557

Thank you!!

Attachments

• Xizang Serial Number.jpg
    Xizang Serial Number.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 493
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

Did the zaskar ReIssue list ever take off? I’ve got the MBUK bike

T'boo Ted":wrga4x6l said:
Alrighty then, after a long time of flaffing about of having some online storage and then not, figured I have a fibre connection and a PC that i can use as a server, i've dusted off my, well honestly crap html skills and started the beginings of the GT Xizang owners registery (all years, old to recent).
If anyone is interested send me an email : mik.siggins@gmail.com, include:

Serial Number:
Year (you think it is):
Size:
Your name (just first name if you want):
Country your in (optional, but would be nice):
Some info about the bike(optional):
Build(optional):
A picture(1 would be best, but a few more if you want)

I'll also want to do one for Zaskar reissues (since I have one and there is 499 left, so not the seemingly unlimited number like old zasakrs)
Figure if it is actually usefull and people are interested, could expand to Tech shop owners (so Xizang, Zaskars and Pyclones and then maybe onto RTS/LTS etc) in the future, but I'll start small and see how it goes. Get some data in there, then start making it look presentable to see if it worth buying some webspace or whatnot.

Back