Newbie. Just joined, hello. isle of wight

iow tom

Retro Guru
Hi all. I have finally got round to joining up.
I have many many questions about my collection and look forward to perhaps getting some answers if at all possible please?
Are there any other members from the isle of wight?
would be nice to one day meet up with other enthusiasts.
I look forward to chatting to you lot (rather than boring my wife with mtb waffle lol).

Re:

make yourself at home!! your gonna luv it on here...
ive had a few good holidays on the iow mostly at shanklin

get yourself a big jar of coffee and tune in for regular chats and banter... :D :D

thanks guys. its gonna take me ages to rummage through all this vast info lol.
@ retro junkie, i live in ventnor which is next to shanklin. some nice riding down here. if it wasnt so expensive to cross the water i'd like to do more mainland rides.

Who do you think you are? Jimi Hendrix?

"Hello Isle of Wight"

And look what happened to him.

Careful now.

I used to holiday in Ryde with my great auntie nell and great uncle Len. Are there still crabs under the pier ?

My cats retired there.

Welcome. And as for getting over to the mainland.........

Attachments

• 34B5F623-55EE-4A04-9E40-3F1342001C81-7971-00003B874D0105DA.jpeg
    34B5F623-55EE-4A04-9E40-3F1342001C81-7971-00003B874D0105DA.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 743
Ha ha ha, wicked. Thanks for the links too. There is a cycling group (mtbs) that go out every thursday night and sunday morning. A freindly bunch and they know all the best trails the island has to offer. They ride modern hacks so i thought it'd be great to have a load of retros to chase along one day? If the pace was to fast or the trail too difficult, then the retros could stick together, perhaps with a pub stop lol. Im out of action for a few months following shoulder surgery so plenty time to organise ;-)
Im sure hendrix would have approved :)

Back