RBotM - OCTOBER - AUTUMN - Tie Breaker - Cancelled

Re: RBotM - OCTOBER - AUTUMN - Tie Breaker - 2 Day Poll!

Jamiedyer":ez24pb19 said:
It is RB(IKE)otM with an autumnal theme and that can be interpreted however you would like. It may mean many things to many people, and unlike Lance, it is all about the bike.
We have had lots of differing styles of pics which shows the varying styles but all with a bicycle as the centre piece. This went from Mikes Carlton on a orange leaf covered road through to Jons PhilBrook autumn build.
I ran the tie breaker as we have done in the past as it seemed fairer, especially as I am involved in the outcome. I did enter but never thought about coming close to a win, but if this seems a bit inappropriate, someone please say as I have no problems withdrawing.
As for the files being kept on my hard drive, what hard drive? Without pictures, it never existed ;)

Jamie

Nothing inappropriate at all Jamie you've have as much right as any other to enter :D

Don't you mean Hilary?

Now thats another problem altogether the most important vote this month...

THM or Jamiedyer !!!!!!

:facepalm:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 6,359
Re:

Hello and apologies for the late withdrawal of the tie break poll.
It has been pulled after discussion both here and behind the scenes as there seemed to be a bit of confusion about whether it was about the bike or the autumn theme as well as other issues with it being a tie break rather than the usual draw declared. The theme of Autumn was maybe not thoroughly thought out by myself beforehand.
Due to these concerns as it was never something for people to get too serious about, the October RBotM has been declared a draw, after the original poll. This was discussed with The History Man himself so not a decision taken myself without consultation. (This is a democratic dictatorship after all ;) )
So many thanks from myself and many congratulations to The History Man for his win as well :) Its also maybe no coincidence that two similar looking British racing Green, retro British bikes were evenly tied.
Thanks to everyone who entered, voted, contributed to the polls discussion and to all for their support. Cheers.
And as was mentioned in a discussion and I wholeheartedly agree with the fitting sentiment, its a bike competition, not a cure for cancer ;)

Jamie

Re: Re:

Jamiedyer":18ty2ng8 said:
It has been pulled after discussion both here and behind the scenes as there seemed to be a bit of confusion about whether it was about the bike or the autumn theme as well as other issues with it being a tie break rather than the usual draw declared. The theme of Autumn was maybe not thoroughly thought out by myself beforehand.
Due to these concerns as it was never something for people to get too serious about, the October RBotM has been declared a draw, after the original poll. This was discussed with The History Man himself so not a decision taken myself without consultation. (This is a democratic dictatorship after all ;) )
So many thanks from myself and many congratulations to The History Man for his win as well :) Its also maybe no coincidence that two similar looking British racing Green, retro British bikes were evenly tied.
Thanks to everyone who entered, voted, contributed to the polls discussion and to all for their support. Cheers.
And as was mentioned in a discussion and I wholeheartedly agree with the fitting sentiment, its a bike competition, not a cure for cancer ;)

Jamie

Amen. And congrats to both

Woke up this morning to check my election. It's gone now.

I think I may not be the only surprise winner today?

I am looking forward to building that wall.

Thanks to all who voted for me.

Bizarre

Re: Re:

Jamiedyer":m4z23wnz said:

Jamie
Congratulations to both of you :)

Back