RBotM - June - Nominations Open - Open month

Status
Not open for further replies.
jm wrote:
Think the grass is helping. The grass in the pic.
:LOL: :LOL:

Ohh the grass in the pic,yeah, yeah, you just sit there and chill jm, keep telling yourself that ;)

Jamie

(to be fair, that is a great shot that second one)

Gitane-RMO TVT92 Carbone 1992

I will take part with my latest finished Project - Replica of 1992 Gitane-RMO TVT92 Carbone
The base for this Project was a blue one from France - technical ok but the varnish was in really poor condition, so I decide for a re-paint.
This time it was my first project with a re-painted TVT. First we have to grind down the original coulour, so we found that the frame has been coated in silver metallic coulour first before painted in blue - this are the reason for the beautifull metallic look. Another find was the clear coat on the nature carbon structure has been inked like windows coulours in a lucent blue.

Refer to other TVTs builded up with Campagnolo and a Suntour SUPERBE PRO – I want to have one equipped with MAVIC components. So I investigated within www. to find a Probike TVT92 equipped with MAVIC parts, because all my bikes in collection are based on a TechSpec of a Pro Bike.

So I found the 1992 bike of French RMO-ONET Team. In 1992 they used steelmade Gitane frames, made by Reynolds tubes. But for Tour de France especially the uphill stages they used some bonded TVT92 Carbone instead.

Together with a German professional painter, an English decal maker we build up this fine Replica of Teambike for uphill stages from 1992. In 1992 it was the last year we had seen TVTs within the Pro-peleton. From 1992/1993 TIG and WIG welded Aluminium frames substituted bonded carbon frame sets mostly…

But now see and enjoy – further pics and complete TechSpec you will find here …

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=349804

Attachments

• TVT92 Gitane  RBoM_06.jpg
    TVT92 Gitane RBoM_06.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 9,389
Re:

A late entry here to help the thread along .
Carlton Giro d'italia . This is the bike i would of used for the Bakewell event . As the boss and I were in BC Canada on hols ,so i missed out again. Back in the UK 24hrs ago
Carlton by rebalrid, on Flickr

There is a build thread on the forum. If I have entered it before please put it down it jet lag :evil:

Raleigh Panasonic 531c, all stripes and words painted on. Full Shimano 600ex with MA40 rims.

Dimitri Zhdanov's Panasonic PR-6000 >>>

Read the story here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=349084&hilit=panasonic

26513781934_082ff0c6d8_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back