RBotM - June - Nominations Open - Open month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

yeah, maybe, and sorry if it came over badly, that was not my real intention ... but ..

I personally don't want to see a bike show thread being dominated by (in my view) personal trivia about badges/banners. I find the competition exciting and look forward to opening the thread and seeing someone's steed on show. I would suggest a separate "let me inform you about my lack of banner" thread that I can ignore or do it via PM. Plus Jamie has enough on coordinating 2 competitions each month without needing to chase John to satisfy personal dissatisfactions. I wouldn't want him to eventually become worn down and resign his good work.

Plus, I work in a school, and like it or not, there are some remarkable similarities here and students not getting their merit cards stamped

I suppose the difference between here and a classroom jis that no one in a classroom dare tell you when you talk like a ######

PaulSE":2yrh7r93 said:
I suppose the difference between here and a classroom jis that no one in a classroom dare tell you when you talk like a ######
not sure what that statement actually implies ?? - I can guess what you meant to say ... but it could translate rather differently.

Personally, I'm more concerned that petty complaints in the way a competition is run is not a positive thing. Last month there were just 29 votes on what is an international forum. Minor moaning is not the way to increase interest and while he can speak for himself, I'm guessing Jamie volunteered to give us a chance to appreciate old bikes and have a vote, not to have an inbox of complaints to deal with. If in due course the monthly comp fails because of negative overtones, then I will offer you my congrats. And double that if you have managed to actually acquire your banner in doing so.

I think ive done here now (on this exchange - not the forum), unless something mindbreaking is said, as I am conscious this is only adding to the negativity.

So two of us who are waiting for banners happen to mention it perfectly politely. Neither complaining in any way at all - there is a difference between a reminder and a complaint you know? And where else to mention it than on the Rbotm thread? Then you choose to get on your high horse about it and start likening other forum members to children... and then you have the audacity to complain about negativity!!?? I'm really glad you are done here

Re:

This was my 1976 Argos, now owned by Nick in Somerset and restored by him.
I rode it in road races and time trials in the 1970s.
The wheels are Scheeren 8 ounce wood inserts 36 x 36 record LF which I originally built in 1966 for Mrs K to ride a road race in Germany. She used them until the mid 1970s, also used in the Argos, now rebuilt by Nick.

I took the pics today as Nick called in here on his way to ride it in Eroica.

Entered here with his permission

Keith

Attachments

• Argos10.jpg
    Argos10.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 6,666
Hi guys
I have messaged John and also messaged another mod to see if John may be away.
Last months winners message to John is still in my outbox, making me think either he is not getting them or something has gone wrong with my messages.
Either way they will eventually get to where they need to be.
Up until recently RPotM didn't have a banner but I thought if it got a banner 'status' it might draw some more entries. For the time being it will now run bi monthly, so hence why there is none this month. Just to try and let it build up slowly.
And please don't get into a slanging match over this as the banners will show up, its just a bit slow going behind the scenes as there is far more goes on than I ever imagined so I can now see why some things take a bit of time.
As for me, all I can do is keep you informed and keep things rolling with getting the info to John. Its a bit out of my control with the banners so I try to chase them up but ultimately there is limits. I do realise I am the go between and so that's part and parcel of it. So nobody need worry about me, and certainly don't turn on each other. I can see where both sides are coming from and remember that I think the comp has progressed and grown this year because there hasn't been the negativity and bitchin that used to sometimes creep in, so lets not let it in now over some banners.
I will keep you all informed but to be honest we will probably all just wake up one morning and find there are banners everywhere.
I don't know whether anyone's noticed or not but I don't have a moderators banner either ;)
But I got the thread/post delete button, which is what counts :)

Jamie

1994 Quantum Pro.

With a740X groupset, tune and a very early lightweight wheelset...7,3kg

Kleins have never been my thing but that does have a certain something.Think the grass is helping.The grass in the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back