Diamondback Apex build

TT tubing is my favorite chromoly. It's in all my early 90's treks and I think it rides better than anything else out there. That DB is gonna be a nice.. :)

Re:

i think all thats left is to put it all together now....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 974
Re:

so i finally got round to putting it all together last night - but got stopped 60% of te waydue to essential TV watching.

but here's whats materialised so far....(one more purchse that will see a front canti cable hanger installed in the steerer stack)

pics are a bit naff - will get higher res ones once i've finished though.
Headset feels rough, so may change this out for a new one but it'll do for now.
and im STILL not sure i've scratched my perfect tyre itch for this one - despite shelling out a fair amount for the IRCs..... :roll:

Re:

Surprised no ones pointed out my rear brake cable route was incorrect....
Fixed now. Just waiting for the front cable hanger :)
Rear mech was a bit perplexing to setup, but I was prepared for this as the hanger has been repaired, so its not perfectly aligned. But I think I've indexed I all fine now.
Will test it out soon!

Re:

Cable hanger and some fresh brake outer received yesterday will see me finish this next week.
Still wouldn't mind finding a sensibly priced nos HG70 cassette though...

Great work so far! Those tyres would look good on my red Brodie (what kind are they?).

It seems that 'NOS' and 'reasonable price' are two phenomena that aren't seen together very often ...

ps: that's kinda funny, about your 'mis-guided' cable routing.

nice bike and work so far. I have to protest against that stem! Get something that is not wider than down tube :)

Re:

Lol, that's a fair point! I would have got a stem with canti hanger, but they don't seem to exist in threadless 1 1/8th flavour...
Its a parts bin special but will do for now;)

Your build is looking really quite fetching :p

Pyro Tim":q7w8xx48 said:
I know the 94 and 96 Axis were TT Lite, and I assumed that the 96 Apex would too, as it's the same tubing as the Axis in 94 and I thought it was in 95 too.

I'm 100% sure it's true Temper AVR on this frame, and the seat post is 26.6 mm due to having thicker tube walls than TT Lite.

ultrazenith":3ehg81cb said:
Your build is looking really quite fetching :p

Pyro Tim":3ehg81cb said:
I know the 94 and 96 Axis were TT Lite, and I assumed that the 96 Apex would too, as it's the same tubing as the Axis in 94 and I thought it was in 95 too.

I'm 100% sure it's true Temper AVR on this frame, and the seat post is 26.6 mm due to having thicker tube walls than TT Lite.

Thanks Ultra - im getting tired of walking past it in the hallway and not being able to jump on it and ride :p
im a couple of components away from a ride/tweak then hopefully ill get time to get a ride in this side of christmas.

better pics and a write up to finish the thread off will follow after that :) can't wait!

Back