i'm losing my job . . .

I got made redundant about 5 weeks ago Jon it's not a great feeling at least you have some kind of notice it was a bolt out the blue for me on a Monday morning.

Just for a bit of a happy ending I actually scored another job within 6 days and apart from commuting further the new company is so much better. Been bit of a blessing in disguise ! Just need to blag my way through the 3 months probation :facepalm:

Your an intelligent guy Jon you will be fine :D

daj":30sws1w6 said:
Your an intelligent guy Jon

blimey i've blagged that then!! :LOL:

cheers guys, sent a few messages out this morning, seeing what's out there from previous places so they know i'm looking, it's not an immediate thing so my plan is drop into what i used to do, bike trade, then look for something while i'm there.

;) All the best bud..i have been there 20 odd years ago..still remember the sh1t feeling in my stomach...good to see you are "looking forward" and keeping positive ;)

Ernie ;)

Come to the Wobble and drown your sorrows :D
Are they shutting everything over that side of the water then? My dad told me the power station had shut/is shutting?
Bad news but life goes on ;)

Well, I think it's brilliant that you have that attitude to it; seeing it as another opportunity rather than the end of the world. Dare I say 'everything happens for a reason', I know that's been proven over and over in my life.

Yeah, I know it's easier without the responsibilities of kids and a mortgage, but we still have to eat like everyone else, and it's just nice to hear a bloke seeing something as a blessing, rather than whining! ;) Good luck with it all, sounds like you'll get far, or at least to where you want to be, which is all that matters. A 'good' job in everyone else's eyes means nothing if you don't like the work or the people, so all the best for finding something more satisfying.

Cream always rises to the top, as they say. Plenty of opportunities out there for people willing to make it happen.

Good luck with it OP.

Given the fact that every company has some form of HR dept / person; how come this kind of announcement is so often made in the run up to Christmas?

I was made redundant in 2012, and the company actually waited until after the Christmas break to inform us, which I guess was making the best of a shitty situation.

Best of luck Jon and also well done Dave on finding something so quickly.

You can be my butler? I shall name you 'Claud'

'Claud'

'Sir?'

'The Zaskar this morning, I think'

'Very good choice, Sir'

Best of luck Jon. Have to say that being made redundant was pretty positive for me. Not at the time, but it was the kick up the bum I needed ;)

Back