Puch Royal Force 1975ish - help needed from "cognoscenti"

bduc61

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I cannot get tired from the dura ace kit I confess ( sorry for my italien pals :mrgreen: )

So when this showed up near Paris, I could not resist.

Did not even know it was with a 531 reynolds tubing when I made the appointement.

It made me aware that Puch did build bikes at a time - actually I realized this stuff is much "cooler" than all the italian of french competitors machines of the time which rolled out in thousands :LOL:

don't think there is another one among retrobikers :mrgreen:

So this bike has full dura ace first generation mostly black kit - hubs and levers silver ( just the pedals are shimano 600 )
SR stem and bar
I suspect it is nearly full original ( to the dura ace brake pads and shimano pads !)

Unfortunately levers without hoods - any idea where I can find replacements ( which would fit - as I suspect true dura ace kit will reach the stars pricewise !)

Think ist probably between a 75 and 76 frame as its still badged Puch rather than the later Austo-Daimler name
Frame number : 5965912
I believe its close to the top of the range of the time :cool: - not surprising with such a kit but it has eyelets for mudguards though.
if anybody has more info - willing to share it
frame geometry is 53 C/C seattube but 57 top tube - is this common for bikes of this era to have a quite longer top tube
In this guise, weighs 10.3 kilos , so pretty light for the time or was there much lighter stuff with competitors -
when did 531 SL super light appear ?

German and Austrians can bring their knowledge in ;)
( but already quite a bit of info there but on later models such as the beautiful Ultima and Vent Noir from 77 and later)
http://www.company7.com/bosendorfer/ADbicycle_de.html

Front tubeless tyre is nearly dead but rear is better - a Jacques Anquetil - I wonder if it is very old ?

What sort of similar tubeless tyre with tan side could I put on ?

Some of the bolts are pitted - any trick to rejuvenate them ?

A bit sad the paint is a bit "dull" and in average condition but I don 't think it should be altered even if its not as fancy as a Chromed Vent Noir guise.

bike needs a more thorough cleaning and new bar tape :idea:

Not very old but quite suitable for a vintage ride , don't you think :?:

Back