Booze, taste, society, conditioning...

technodup":1sxb4zdo said:
There's no point me mixing with lesbians.

I would mix with gays, lesbians. straight or transvestites, most of the time I care less, I don't though understand why a transsexual male/female can insist they are the opposite sex from birth sex, be accepted as such, have their birth certificate changed as such, when their genetic marker is of the opposite sex, is that not any more of a mental heath condition as my depression, anxiety and BPD diagnosis? Our genetic makeup is what it is, the only problem arises with inter-sex people but even then their genes state XY or XX and one should follow those guideline and that is coming from a masculine, very liberal female, who has had to fight to be accepted as a women even though born one :roll:
Alison

I always thought "challenging" flavours were acquired over the years until my 3 year old went into an unexpected anchovy frenzy one evening and demolished a whole plateful having never seen or tasted one before. Now i'm not so sure.

Isaac_AG":o4k6hxp0 said:
technodup":o4k6hxp0 said:

I would mix with gays, lesbians. straight or transvestites, most of the time I care less, I don't though understand why a transsexual male/female can insist they are the opposite sex from birth sex, be accepted as such, have their birth certificate changed as such, when their genetic marker is of the opposite sex, is that not any more of a mental heath condition as my depression, anxiety and BPD diagnosis? Our genetic makeup is what it is, the only problem arises with inter-sex people but even then their genes state XY or XX and one should follow those guideline and that is coming from a masculine, very liberal female, who has had to fight to be accepted as a women even though born one :roll:
Alison

Because it's easier to pump hormones in someone and bring out a half-height guillotine, than it is to change how their mind works. It is considered a mental health problem, and it takes years of therapists going "are you sure? Super sure? double sure?" before they'll let you go ahead.

That, and it makes them happy to be validated, while not causing anyone any harm.

Bats":19r9ec7v said:
Isaac_AG":19r9ec7v said:
technodup":19r9ec7v said:

Alison

Because it's easier to pump hormones in someone and bring out a half-height guillotine, than it is to change how their mind works. It is considered a mental health problem, and it takes years of therapists going "are you sure? Super sure? double sure?" before they'll let you go ahead.

That, and it makes them happy to be validated, while not causing anyone any harm.

Once many years ago I went swimming I went to change and some woman had a complete fit and the guard came in and I was accused of being a man I had to strip publicly to show I was a woman and this screaming woman's friend says "surgery can do anything" I was removed from the swimming pool, the point is this woman had obviously suffered from male violence and was paranoid, funny enough so had I :roll: that's the point a man will and always be a man weather you cut his dick off or not, and he should not be able to go into female rooms because of this, sorry a man is a man and a woman is a woman anything other does not need an operation he'she needs therapy both are just as costly.

Alison

Bats: I like you already - you seem new here, but have some savvy.

You should stay.

And you can be my wing-man any time.

And no, that's not a euphemism. I get to use the cross-hairs, and shoot shit I don't like (oh, if only...)

Sorry I really should be pro transsexual but I'm scared of being in a position where a man can be hiding as a woman and not know it.

Alison

That's totally normal of you to feel, given the circumstances...

Given that i'm a bloke, and I've not gone through what you have, it wouldn't be my place to tell you how you should feel about it. I haven't your experience to make judgements on.

I actually respect the fact that you think about it, and you see where you're getting those feelings from.

Take care.

Back