BoTM August 2013 - Nominations if you please

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 for sandman's '36 Elgin, his Elgin's are such an inspiration :) if only my wife's '36 Mifa wasn't so flimsy..

Not read the BotM in quite some time.
Really nice to see build threads being linked to, means I get to read about a load of bikes that have passed me by.

Some damn fine bikes cropping up, some parts I don't like (them green tyres). Some cable routings, the wehite GT needs a white seatpost... But now idea why. It just does. Harry's built a Retrobike as well, gives me ideas for my son....
Mmm time to read some build threads before the next lot

I rather like that Jamis. Nice clean build and a great looking frame. I know it is Tange cro-mo but what is the finish? Is it nickel plated or something? Whatever it is it looks very nice.

The frame finish is just a lacquer coat applied over the brushed steel, very simply but beautiful. I have done this to a few frames and the effect always draws a comment, I have also used coloured lacquer, this gives a stunning effect in the sunlight.
Have a look at my old GT Tequestra single speed.

Attachments

• GT.jpg
    GT.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 428
  • P1000657.JPG
    P1000657.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 428
The euphoria of just finishing this off has prompted me to enter my first ever BoTM :D

Dossa's 1990 Ridgeback 704XT

Link to thread --> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=242373

03yj.jpg

2f0f.jpg

Cheers, Matty :D

DynaCol":2gpissdc said:
DynaCol's 95 Orange C16R

Ok thought it was about time I entered one of my bikes, so here goes. Build thread in my signature.

If you're not carefull you'll get yourself a reputation for rather lovely and tastefull builds Col. :LOL:

Another nice job there.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back