Tell me about DeKerf

I was going to say late 93 - early 94, as mine is 184 and it was made in July 93. The Mountain frames came from DK with either a Tuning Fork or a 63mm colour matched Mag 21.

FMJ":3dnaz4a9 said:
I was going to say late 93 - early 94, as mine is 184 and it was made in July 93. The Mountain frames came from DK with either a Tuning Fork or a 63mm colour matched Mag 21.
Did he make Tuning Forks that early?
Mag 21 may well have been the best sus option of the age but it's a pile of doos and if he could have specced something better, he would!

I thought I'd replied earlier but it seems either it got lost in the ether, or the new RB site was hungry. Anyhow, it will I hope be for riding. I agree about the modern forks. I built up a lovely dbr axis TT with Judy FSX with the Englund air upgrade, and whilst it performed well enough on an 80 mile charity ride, I slipped on something more comfortable in some Fox forks. I do have some modernish SID race forks (the range before the upped the stantion size recently), but thi I these are 100mm travel, and also maybe not the right colour - then it is supposed to be a rider so does it matter? Can the SIDs be reduced, travel wise?

suburbanreuben":rv89zgin said:
FMJ":rv89zgin said:
Did he make Tuning Forks that early?
Mag 21 may well have been the best sus option of the age but it's a pile of doos and if he could have specced something better, he would!

But he would also have made the frames to fit the fork.
~80mm travel from ~43mm of travel is a large step. (it's only 405mm A2C)
MAG's do the job fine :roll:

Keep with the retro or rigid. Fit the M950 series, it'll look nice.

But buy all accounts this is ishaws bike so 'tis up to what in the shed at the time by the looks of it.

I know you could spec the frames to be custom made, I assume there was a 'standard' Mountain frame as well.
iirc there is a review in the archive of one, not read it though.

FluffyChicken":21lxs8ke said:
suburbanreuben":21lxs8ke said:
FMJ":21lxs8ke said:

But buy all accounts this is ishaws bike so 'tis up to what in the shed at the time by the looks of it.

I know you could spec the frames to be custom made, I assume there was a 'standard' Mountain frame as well.

He did make the frames to fit the fork, as just about everyone did in 1994. It was "suspension corrected" for 63mm travel or 415mm rigid forks. 80mm won't faze it; it'l just be a little more stable at warp factor 5.

Well, not wanting to add fuel to the fire, I also have some black rigid segmented orange forks with the reversed brake mounts I could use instead of the colour matched p2s the frame came with, or I could go totally crazy and finally fit the lawwill leaders I have to something?? Or some 'use' rigid forks with the funky crown, though these are silver?

suburbanreuben":3v0e6388 said:
FluffyChicken":3v0e6388 said:

He did make the frames to fit the fork, as just about everyone did in 1994. It was "suspension corrected" for 63mm travel or 415mm rigid forks. 80mm won't faze it; it'l just be a little more stable at warp factor 5.

He's a bit crap at frame building then if he suspension corrects for a 415mm fork, then flogs them with 405mm forks :LOL:

EDIT: Sorry I see the reference to LT forks above. I take it bac.... though not according to this review. It's wearing a standard travel MAG21 (I think not looked in detail) http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... ws/Dekerf/

ishaw, try them all out for size and style :D
Agree the P2's will look nice though, quite interested how the F7 style forks will look.

Latest posts

Back