25mm seat post

Maybe you chaps could clear this up for me, is a vitus 979 seat post diameter 25.0mm or 25.4mm? Ill be looking to but a cheap silver alloy one and haven't got a definite answer.

DD

I've got now, 25.0mm for all 979's whatever the year, grub screw or clamp. 25.4mm for the 992, nearly ordered a 25.4! :D

Doubledee":2zy7ibmw said:
I've got now, 25.0mm for all 979's whatever the year, grub screw or clamp. 25.4mm for the 992, nearly ordered a 25.4! :D

Yeah, you'll need a lot of wet n' dry to get your 25.4 into your 979.

It's worth noting that Vitus did make their own 25 & 25.4 seatposts which had a flat rear especially designed for their clamp fixing bolts, and actually they are very nice posts if a tad hard to source.

yep good job i havent bought it yet, those vitus post are lovely but expensive and mine is the mark 1 frame with a standard clamp no grub screw so Im going cheap this time ;)

proflex man":22hzbwj4 said:
agentorange":22hzbwj4 said:
I have a Chorus unit (same as Record but without logo and it says Chorus). It has Vitus seat clamp marks to the rear but apart from that it's pretty minty. I've listed it to appear on eBay within the next few days but happy to pull it if interested. I was kind of hoping for it to go for 50 quid.

Like this...

http://www.velobase.com/ViewCompone...65D-4BD7-9CEC-AA311A7B5E3C&Enum=105&AbsPos=21

£50 posted ?

I'm going to be cheeky and say no I'm afraid, reason being that I live in France and shipping will be £8

But here's a pic...

257d4de.jpg

Back