USE seat posts and sizes early 90's

Senior Retro Guru
Here's a question, I have a guy insisting that he has an early 90's USE seat post in 27.2.
Now as far as I know all early postal were 25mm, hence the wide range of shims, and anything other than 25mm didn't arrive until late 90's early 00's (USE alien etc)

Am I wrong?

Here's a question, I have a guy insisting that he has an early 90's USE seat post in 27.2.
Now as far as I know all early postal were 25mm, hence the wide range of shims, and anything other than 25mm didn't arrive until late 90's early 00's (USE alien etc)

Am I wrong?
I’m the one insisting 😂

Attachments

• IMG_1730.png
    IMG_1730.png
    849.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I’m the one insisting 😂

😄 Its all good, was starting to doubt myself 😁

Going to throw this out there though, I'm not 100% sure your post is a USE, someone may have put the sticker on.
The top section looks fluted, like it's machined thicker?

It’s of course possible that it’s faked, but then the fade marks show it’s been like that quite from the beginning. So I highly doubt. The top part is machined slightly thicker.

Attachments

• IMG_1731.jpeg
    IMG_1731.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 11
Interesting, it looks familiar but can't place the make, let's see if more knowledge comes up 👍

Yes 100% they were only 25.0 mm early through mid ‘90’s. Agreed that the Alien name and different styles and diameters etc. only came in late ‘90’s.

Star12

Back