USE seat posts and sizes early 90's

Pretty sure they only came in 25mm and straight from top to bottom. The blue post pictured looks like a copy of the Tune Starkes seatpost with the thicker top. The yokes look like USE though.

It was assumed since we are on a pre 97 section of the forum.

I’ve got modern USE posts on some bikes which look near the same apart from colour / material.
Understand. My mistake, as this debate originally started out from this forum.

I do think it’s a USE though. I’ve found them helpful if you message them to ask
I did, and they answered in an hour!

"We can confirm that it very much appears to be one of our own, an early Evo post, which were done in anodised blue and were available in 27.2mm."

I still replied and asked, if they can specify the years these have been made.

I did, and they answered in an hour!

"We can confirm that it very much appears to be one of our own, an early Evo post, which were done in anodised blue and were available in 27.2mm."

I still replied and asked, if they can specify the years these have been made.
Ah well there you go, awesome 👍
More info for the memory store 😎

Ah well there you go, awesome 👍
More info for the memory store 😎
Their further responce did not help too much about the age:

”The Evo posts have been in production since 1991, though unfortunately we couldn’t say when this particular one was made.”

As they stated that it’s an early Evo post, I would position to the beginning of 90’s. May it be so, that they first made them in 27.2 but later dropped the size for shimmed models to more easily fit to variety of seat tubes?

Their further responce did not help too much about the age:

”The Evo posts have been in production since 1991, though unfortunately we couldn’t say when this particular one was made.”

As they stated that it’s an early Evo post, I would position to the beginning of 90’s. May it be so, that they first made them in 27.2 but later dropped the size for shimmed models to more easily fit to variety of seat tubes?

They may be using the word early as it’s still over 20 years ago if it’s 1999. Likely maybe even before some who work there were born so to them it’s an early model. It’s like people who refer to a 98 Zaskar as early when in fact they’d almost done by then (with the proper ones)

Logo or hardware isn’t early 90s style. Deffo late 90s or early 2000.

Early posts were 25.0 with shims.

Back