Yet another Kona...

Alpha1653":45em2z35 said:
Since this photo, cranks, bb, seat post and Flite saddle have been found.

Have you found some air as well? Looks like the tyres could use some.

;)

Looking good so far. Did you repaint it or is that still the original?

I know that wasn't a serious comment about the tyres but it has reminded me to find some tubes for it! I'll just add that to my to do list...

That's its current state before repainting. From afar (and in this photo) it looks in good condition but under the insulation tape and in other areas it's really quite chipped. Except for where I used to cover it in free stickers given away by MBUK back in the day! I intend to get a local place to powder coat it in the same blue and get replica stickers from Gil_m.

It's going to be my run around / winter bike. Def not a garage queen!

Mark - rehashing your Caldera? Again?!

I've collected a few more bits and pieces today and thought I'd see how they all went together. Brake bosses have come off as well. The stem is a spare Ritchey road stem - the one I intend to use is not half as long!

All in all, it's looking good so far...

Attachments

• IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 1,474
Slowly it's coming together...

2 x Hope Mono Minis;
2 x rotors (F180;R160)
Bottom bracket
Chainring bolts.

No I just need a stem, headset and seat clamp...

Photos will be put up when I can.

It has finally gone into Argos Cycles this morning to have disc plate and brace plus several hose/cable guides added. It should be back in 2 weeks or so apparently. Then it's off to the powdercoaters.... This is taking forever!

The frame is back from Argos Cycles complete with disc mount, 4 hose guides and a couple of cable guides for the rear mech. They've also tidied up my ham fisted attempt at removing the cable stops that I no longer wanted. Next step is for it to be sent to Reality Motorworks in Bristol for a new blue powder coat. I'm still contemplating whether or not to put the stickers back on it, keep it just powder coated or just have the badge on the headtube. Decisions, decisions....

Attachments

• DSC02669.jpg
    DSC02669.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 500
  • DSC02670.jpg
    DSC02670.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 500
About £140 in total. That was for the disc plate, support brace, 2 x cable guides for the rear derailleur, 4 x hose guides for the brake, removal of 2 x canti bosses and removal of 2 x cable stops on the downtube and gear side chain stay. Oh and labour as well. The frame's not worth that much but it's a long term project and as it was my first ever MTB, it'll be cool to give it another life!

Back