2013 Six Nations slanging match thread.

rosstheboss":1bwkmvfm said:
France eh? As the old cliche goes, let's see who turns up!!!

How true that is :D

Mind you, with their win, Ireland could be the dark horse of the tournament now. They have England AND France at home..

Purely from a Wales supporter's point of view, France's loss to Italy isn't necessarily a good thing.

They lost to the Azzuri in 2011, and then came back the week after and beat the hell out of Wales. And guess who Wales are playing next weekend?! :shock:

Selection wise, I'd be looking at trying a North/Roberts combo in the centre, with 1/2p and Cuthbert on the wings, Hooky at outside half and Byrne at 15. I think North would have MUCH more of an impact in the centre, especially when paired up with Roberts. Crash ball, cross the gain line, deliver quick ball to Phillips who (if he's not moaning about something to the ref) in turn would supply either Halfpenny or Cuthbert. Just my 2p worth.

The tournament is wide open now. England looked good, but remember they played Scotland who historically haven't been one of the better teams. The chariots could fall apart out in Ireland, and Ireland have both England and then France at home, so have the home advantage.

I'm going to stick my neck out and go for Ireland for the Grand Slam this year.

As a Scotsman I'll be taking no part in six nations chat.

I can't see us being in the world top ten anytime soon, if ever.

Realistically the only team who have impressed over 80 minutes this weekend have been England, and with a fair few injuries too. I really can't see Ireland getting the grand slam, I can see France being desperate to make up for today though. In fact, every team apart from England had periods of pub rugby this weekend, Tri Nations supporters would have been laughing their arses off!!!

France had a 10 minute period mid way through the second half where i think my son's under 13 team could have taken them and they aren't the best under 13 squad by quite a distance :shock:
England have had the most solid performance so far and they didn't look like they had to over commit at any point.

England did have school boy moments during the game. They were not overly impressive, against a poor Scotland team. A lot to work on if they are to win against stronger opposition.

Back