Grand Slam?!

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
So, the Six Nations have flown by yet again, and we're almost into the final weekend - "Super Saturday".

Will we see another Grand Slam from Wales, to equal the performance of the "Golden Era" of the 70s..? Or will France thrash them at the Millennium Stadium in front of a sellout crowd, leading to a potential Tournament decider between England and Ireland..? The way John Inverdale bangs on, you'd swear that the England match WAS the tournament decider already! :roll:

France could potentially be without their back line, as Dusutoir, Harinordoquy and Bonnaire may be out with knee, knee and elbow injuries respectively. Wales, on the other hand (provided that Warburton passes his fitness test, which is likely), are at full strength, so Badger (Gatland) has a full compliment of players to choose from..

There are people saying that the Welsh back line is predictable, and that it's easy to stop.... Well here's an interesting stat - the AVERAGE (yes, AVERAGE) player weight in the Wales team for Saturday is 16st 13lb :shock:

I don't care how easy they may be to predict, a quick ball and a fast back of that sort of size (enter George North, Jamie Roberts, Alex Cuthbert) will create problems, gaps and overlaps (ooh, I'm a poet!)..

However, if there is one team in this tournament capable of turning Wales on their a**es, it's France. I'm praying to the rugby gods (Barry John, Gareth Edwards, JPR I hope you're listening!) that "crap France" turns up. I'd even settle for "good France", just so long as "brilliant Wales" turn up to the same game ;)

The match has been sold out for months now, and tickets are currently being sold on the open market for a small fortune (£2,000 for 4, anyone?).. Luckily I got my order in early:

1330588045717.jpg

So, I'll be there. Chances are I'll have lost my voice before kick off, what with all the shouting and singing of "sospan fach", "bread of heaven" and "delilah", but it's shaping up to be a belter...

Incidentally, if anyone else (Welsh or French or otherwise, even English ;) ) is in Cardiff for the match, then drop me a reply on here and I'll let you know where I am for a pre-match pint, if you fancy it :)

COME ON WALES!!!

Wish I was in Cardiff for this, our rugby club hasn't been down there to see Scotland play you guys for 4 years. :(
Don't want to rely on Ireland beating England to stop them winning championship so hope Wales win. Always find it difficult watching 2 teams I would normally want to win play each other. Was watching the France v England game on Sunday but turned it off when they scored their 2nd try, turned it back on when I found out France were back to a converted try behind, promptly switched it off again whe they scored their 3rd. :x
Want a good game whatever happens.

legrandefromage":3dg5aa7o said:
It will never happen - someone's sat on your ball...

rugby_ball.jpg

At least they sat on it and made it the right shape though hey ;)

Not like that round one which the lawn fairies play with :LOL:

you lucky beggar :cool:

i hope they play to the best of their ability

think they've lost a little subtlety recently - but there's still moments - JR's angle for the try.

Come on Boys!!!!
:D

No chance, the French will remember how to play rugby and kick your arses and we'll smash the Irish by 50 points....

I have been wrong before though....

rosstheboss":2dne6ouq said:
No chance, the French will remember how to play rugby and kick your arses and we'll smash the Irish by 50 points....

If that happens, you can have my X Lite Ti Pro ;)

Barneyballbags":37aw1zo3 said:
rosstheboss":37aw1zo3 said:

If that happens, you can have my X Lite Ti Pro ;)

So if I'm wrong I get it? Excellent, you have yourself a deal!

France are more than capable of beating Wales.... But perhaps not at the Millennium Stadium, in front of a capacity crowd, with the taste of a Grand Slam in the Welsh Team's mouth.

Although if France DO win I'll be bl**dy gutted that I didn't sell my 4 tickets beforehand.. At least then I could have sulked in a pub with £2,000 in my back pocket ;)

Back