The Six Nations is almost upon us!

Saturday is nearly here :D :D
Wales by a whisker, but not as many as i suspect you think you'll win by ;)

In fact i take it back, sod it, England for the win without even having to score a try :cool:

Farell in at fly half, so he won't have George North baring down on him :D
It'll be Jamie Roberts instead lucky fella :LOL: :LOL:

Re: .

Grannygrinder":g71j0hxr said:
Saturday is nearly here :D :D
Wales by a whisker, but not as many as i suspect you think you'll win by ;)

In fact i take it back, sod it, England for the win without even having to score a try :cool:

Farell in at fly half, so he won't have George North baring down on him :D
It'll be Jamie Roberts instead lucky fella :LOL: :LOL:

I don't suspect that Wales will win by very much if they do beat England - history has taught me never to be too optimistic. Although Wales are certainly the form team out of the two and England have done absolutely nothing to suggest that they'll give Wales a tougher game than Scotland did... Certainly not a tougher game than the Ireland match. However, Wales are also very capable of playing like an amateur team at times, no matter what names are in the starting 15.

Saying all that though, I certainly HOPE that Wales will give England a proper dressing down - all the better if it's at Twickenham too ;) .. And then I'll look forward to a few pints with the England fans and a bit of banter - that's what I love about rugby :)

And if Wales lose, I fully expect to be ripped apart on this thread on Sunday ;)

Who's the England Fullback..? I feel for the guy... Last line of defence against Roberts, Cuthbert, North, Warburton, Phillips, Faletau, AWJ, Geth...... Ouch.

I'm looking forward to this weekend, I think it will be good to see the new England team playing at home for the first time, and I think (hope!) they may well surprise a few people, not least the Welsh! Good to have Manu back too... We shall see.......

rosstheboss":pa0n72h4 said:
I'm looking forward to this weekend, I think it will be good to see the new England team playing at home for the first time, and I think (hope!) they may well surprise a few people, not least the Welsh! Good to have Manu back too... We shall see.......

manu's appearance is neither here nor there. englands performance will be dictated by farrel getting good service & making the snap choices wilkinson & flood spent the last 3 seasons cocking up.

the current england & wales sides should stand a very high chance of winning the next world cup, there is a lot of quality youth in both squads & its about time that england got shut of the wilkinson & johnson mentality & started playing a modern game rather than a stale decade old style.

this should be the deciding match for the tournament. england are winning ugly at the moment, getting it pretty looking is a different ballgame altogether as they haven't looked in the slightest bit threatening in open play YET. the welsh side is taking on the reputaion of the irish side from 3 or 4 years ago where they can easily run up 20 points in a short space of time if you give them an inch.

rosstheboss":61rdrku9 said:

Couldn't have put it better myself! In the words of Brucie "Good game, good game!!" A shame we lost but I think we put a lot of doubt out of people's minds as to what England are capable of. It would have been nice to have been given that late try and set up what would probably be the highest pressure kick in England rugby since Jonny's drop goal in 03, but nevermind. You could argue you should take the player's reactions into account, as the English were celebrating and the Welsh looked like they'd been poked in the eye, but it wasn't given so we'll just have to beat Ireland and France instead....

rosstheboss":2os8xn8t said:
rosstheboss":2os8xn8t said:

Couldn't have put it better myself! In the words of Brucie "Good game, good game!!" A shame we lost but I think we put a lot of doubt out of people's minds as to what England are capable of. It would have been nice to have been given that late try and set up what would probably be the highest pressure kick in England rugby since Jonny's drop goal in 03, but nevermind. You could argue you should take the player's reactions into account, as the English were celebrating and the Welsh looked like they'd been poked in the eye, but it wasn't given so we'll just have to beat Ireland and France instead....

Was so nice to see some great rugby, the time flew by as it was such a cat and mouse game, shame we lost, but we can't be down , the English defence was stunning-we made mistakes yes, but a young team-they can only get stronger the more games they play

personally, i think if priestland turned up today and played like he can, england would have been in deep brown sticky stuff. As it stands, he had a poor game & didn't really get the welsh backs going to their full potential.

farrel was fairly solid, a couple of moments where inexperience & excitement possibly got the better of him but a very good all round showing until he decided to injure himself!

manu wasn't bad, he plays consistently well & has a somewhat unique style for a cough cough englishman. warburton showed everyone how to deal with him though - grab his chunky little ankles & he goes down quicker than a porcupines new blow up doll! failing that, the 3 man tackle worked pretty well too!

for the record, I think strettle scored, another case of the ref asking the wrong question & flood would probably have knocked over the conversion BUT, if we could take back refs descisions, scotland would probably have gone on to win the world cup if a certain mr wayne barnes (english - for the sake of bias) hadn't ignored a blatantly offside argie who went on to disrupt dan parks' dropgoal atempt a few months back!

anyhoow, must get some sleep, i've got the priveledge of shouting at the telly tomorrow when we get beaten by the french! predictions... either france by a 20+ point margin or a very close, very physical game that ends in a win for either side of nothing more than a couple of points. instinct & my cash at ladbrookes is on option 1 though!

The try wasn't awarded, because it wasn't a try. There were 2 camera angles which clearly showed that North(?) had pushed the ball back over the line before it was grounded. Now I know that you'll think I'm just saying that because I'm Welsh. However the 3 English fans I was watching with also didn't think it was a try...

The frustrating thing from Englands point of view is that another set of refs could quite easily have awarded it, just as they could have awarded a red card to Robshaw for pulling Warburton down in the lineout, onto his back. Much more dangerous than Warb's tackle in the World Cup. Just goes to show the inconsistency.

England played brilliantly. Definitely better than people were giving them credit for before the match. I really didn't think that Wales would win. But they did...

And that means that the tickets I have for the Wales vs France match in Cardiff in 3 weeks time is now looking like the Grand Slam decider (unless Italy pull off a win next weekend)... Can't wait!! :)

Superb game of rugby, a draw would have been a fair result :D

Can't remember who it was, but when Wales scored their try a simple side step obstruction would have stopped him :twisted:
Yellow card yes, but only for minutes left :D
I know its cheating but a player of less moral fibre would have done it :LOL: :LOL:

As i said though, best game of the six nations so far.
Can't help thinking we might have nicked it if Farrell had stayed on :roll:

PS. Re; The try that never was.
The ref was right on top of it and in his conversation with the tmo was only concerned with wether time was up before the 'score'.
I think he had decided it wasn't a try immediately and he had by far the best view of anybody.

Back