BOTM Dec 2012: FAT Vs Klein Vs Yeti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this could be the closest vote for a while. No stand-out bike, so expecting all the entries to be in the running.
Top marks everyone :cool:

velomaniac":1s11ejtj said:
Is the front mech cable routing meant to be like that, it just looks strangely untidy :? but its still gorgeous :cool:

Before top pull mechs were invented that was the best way to actuate a bottom pull mech from the top. The inner cable is clamped at the BB and it's actually the outer cable that moves the mech!

Clever solution to a late eighties problem. And a nice bike.

makster":2uz7k604 said:
I think this could be the closest vote for a while. No stand-out bike, so expecting all the entries to be in the running.
Top marks everyone :cool:

^^^ THAT is why this month is great. Level playing field. :D :D

Wow there's some real beauty's this month eh???

Well here's my klien Bastitude gator dolomite!

2BA512CC-F23D-4A9B-AE51-47BCFEA38FDD-3859-0000080EFAB96A57.jpg

C36094B4-E600-4E63-825A-78A03A6BBE31-4320-0000092D45EBC9B2.jpg

Tc

al":queh5wf1 said:
Silverfish":queh5wf1 said:
Back to the bikes ;)

I'd like to enter my 1987 Yeti FRO - all the detail of the build thread here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177656 (and in my signature).

So far this is the only project I've actually finished, but I am well pleased with the result - hope u like.

Like it? :shock:

I'd marry the little honey!!

al.

No.... I really would.

Lol Thanks Al!

I haven't said anything about the "debate" because I always vote for the BOTM I like looking at most. I'm not bothered about the make, if it's a stunner I'm going to vote. I know if I owned a Yeti, Klein, or Fat I'd have to sell it to pay off my student loan, so I'm happy others do and I can look at them!

Every month I watch with baited breath as the entries come in, and there will always be one bike that for me stands out amongst the rest. I never really know why but it's like going round an art gallery and a painting just speaking to you. (I know this sounds really pretentious and I can assure you I'm not!) It might not be the best in terms of fine art, but it's my favorite and the one I'd happily stare at for hours.

I do love the British cuisine joke though, I've been throughout Europe and had it thrown at me all over, I suspect we might be getting marked down due to our diet whilst abroad consisting of 50% cholesterol and 50% beer! The only country where the cuisine insult takes a back step is Italy where I was told "you British smell of milk" I never really got to the bottom of it!

markwashington":ma7tr0rq said:
! The only country where the cuisine insult takes a back step is Italy where I was told "you British smell of milk" I never really got to the bottom of it!

I work for a Japanese company and its a standing joke with them that even a blind jap would know if a "ROUND EYE" walked into a room as we all smell of milk !... seems they don't farm cattle way out east and use very little dairy products as a result :LOL:

Quite a bit of BoTM worthy material this month.

The fact that all this FAT, Klein, Yeti bling has been entered this month means that I won't have to compete with them next month ;)

As stated in BoTM rule #12

Bikes can only be entered once in a normal month and once in a special month. That is you can enter any bike TWICE

yeah! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back