'Made in England' at Look mum no hands last night

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
so last night i went up to london for the launch of the book "made in england" at 'look mum no hands' and it was a pretty good laugh, i went on the train and then rode my Demon to the cafe where they let me put it in the workshop out of the way, i thought if i'm going to an event where the builder of my bike is featured in the book i should ride one of his creations there.

i wasn't sure what to expect of the event although i had been to LMNH before for the Orange/Guy martin premiere thing a while ago. as i walked in the door Matthew Sowter (co author of the book) immediately said hello Jon, i'm thinking who is this?! he knows me but i don't have a clue who he is! turns out he recognised my bike! :LOL:

chatted to loads of cool people (some to painfully cool for their own good though!) but amongst them were the owner of reynolds tubing, ted james, ricky feather, matthew sowter, one of the roberts frame builders (didn't catch his name)

all in all a cool evening and then had a little blast around London before getting the train back.

:D

P1090563 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1090565 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1090543 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1090548 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1090553 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1090559 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1090562 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

Cool. :cool:
How is the book? My wife ordered one for my christmas when it was first announced but it's not here yet. We got a notice about the launch party but it was a wee bit far to travel. :LOL:

I like the book, very honest from the builders and the pics are great.

and no the Demon shouldn't go green, it has a polyurethane lacquer, it will gradually go darker though ;)

Ace picks of the sights mate ...hoping to get something along those lines on purleys ride up there in a couple of weeks :) you going to be able to make it up ?

Mick :D

unfortunately no, i want to but i'm working and have no more days off i can take, but i recall he said he'd be doing a spring version :)

Got my copy in the post on Wednesday...thouroughly read by now. Excellent, and refreshing to hear some UK voices on framebuilding.

I won't spoil the ending for all you Xmas present candidates...

All the best,

Latest posts

Back