Fat Creations, frame painter in Chichester

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
i just thought i'd mention Fat Creations in Chichester.

i first used him over 10 years ago, Dave Hemming new him when he was starting out and i needed a frame resprayed and as Dave was the cannondale rep at the time he said he'd sort it out for me. that frame i still have and still looks great.

but that was before i could even turn a computer on, i was late to this internet thing, so i didn't know who Fat Creations were or where they were. cut to a while ago and i thought i'd look them up, and found them almost straight away.

http://www.fatcreations.com/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/112065968881234/

i emailed Alistair, the owner/painter/artist regarding having my Yo Eddy redone, and he came back with a good price quote and said the fade etc should be no problem, unfortunately i then got the redundancy announcement so i put it all on hold.

cut to last monday and a friend asked me to sort out a paint job for him and then build the bike once painted, i then told that friend that a paint job usually would take 4-6 weeks at most places although they usually mean 8 to 12 weeks. then i told him i was likely to be going to NZ for 6 months so i may not be around once the paint is sorted.

anyway, i suggested we try FatCreations as he is relatively local to us so i got in touch with Alistair and arranged to drop the frame off the next day (tuesday 21/10/14) i explained what the owner wanted and mentioned the time frame and went on my merry way, then on thursday night (23/10/14) these pictures appeared on facebook on the fat creations page. i should also say that it was blind luck that i had contacted Alistair just as he had got back from holiday and had finished all work prior to going on holiday so his workshop was luckily empty.

base coat black, stencils for the graphics

condor by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

condor2 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

condor3 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

condor4 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

main colour applied, masking for graphics

condor5 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

condor6 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

condor7 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

condor8 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

condor10 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

condor11 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

condor12 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

condor13 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

i'll be picking the frame up tonight, but i just thought this was worth posting up about as we always have conversations about "which painter?" etc so i figured he's relatively unknown by comparison with Argos/bobjackson/TJCdesigns etc and also being in chichester is a good option for a southerners

for the record he also does custom airbrushing and graphics. so i hope some of you find this useful as a potential new option for painting. also his turn around is apparently usually 2 weeks, the idea being that you book the frame in so you only lose the bike for a shorter period of time which makes more sense than just leaving it at a place to eventually get worked on in a queue.

:D

Re:

Any chance you could post this, including pictures, in my 'recommend or not' thread in retro chat? I'll add them to the list on page 1. :cool:

Back