Silverfish 1992 Yeti ARC

Not true Martin. I'm pretty sure geoff ringle had quill stems launched in 92, tho i'm not sure how widely available they were. Plus this build will be a mix of components up to 94 so I'm not too worried about mixing years. It's really going to be a case of whatever works/looks the best.

Silverfish":2t7vmkio said:
Not true Martin. I'm pretty sure geoff ringle had quill stems launched in 92, tho i'm not sure how widely available they were. Plus this build will be a mix of components up to 94 so I'm not too worried about mixing years. It's really going to be a case of whatever works/looks the best.

I updated my thread to refer to the FTW stem, it's tool old. Ringle stem is fine.

mkozaczek":27we2p8y said:
Silverfish":27we2p8y said:
Yeah a little bit, the ATAC might work better. I may have to buy your ATAC stem :D

It's more or less yours. I still owe you the pics of the 3DV hyperends.

Thanks buddy :D

Well the Ringle stem is starting to grow on me - but the silver headset spacer HAS to go. I could of course trim the steerer tube. Got to get a few other parts ano'd so plan A will be to get this headset spacer re-ano'd in 3DV. Gonna be a struggle to have this finished in time for the Yeti Tribe Meet...

Attachments

• silver spacer.JPG
    silver spacer.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,531
Really having fun now :( Finally got the stanchions out - were stuck very tight, probably due to there being a lot more rust internally than I was expecting, especially considering the condition on the outside.

Maybe I should have stuck with the rigid Yeti fork...

Attachments

• m2 stanchions.JPG
    m2 stanchions.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 1,500
It was more of a PITA to put them back together. Upper dust seals on mine were very much plasticized.

I have a nice NOS M2 waiting for the 17.4" ARC to get done, will get new bumpers for it anyways.

Sweet build, everthing looks to be in mint condition. I would definitely go with the Manitou 2's and Ringle stem, use the A-TAC if you go with the Accutrax, it has the cable noodle.

As I remember it the bike would have been built with Manitou 2's as every mountain biker worth their salt at the time would have specced suspension forks or upgraded to them as soon as they were available. :)

trailboss":3sb3hl7u said:
Sweet build, everthing looks to be in mint condition. I would definitely go with the Manitou 2's and Ringle stem, use the A-TAC if you go with the Accutrax, it has the cable noodle.

As I remember it the bike would have been built with Manitou 2's as every mountain biker worth their salt at the time would have specced suspension forks or upgraded to them as soon as they were available. :)

agreed - figured if I was running 1st gen XTR the rest of the build would need to follow suit although I couldn't resist the Disk Drive :D - and the Critical Racing canti's I've got planned are strictly speaking a little late...

Back