rBoTM April 2012 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Ned said:
Sorry mate, front light is much to modern :D ;)

my second photo

hows this for a period front lamp not worried about entry just having fun with one of my hacks :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• IMAG0191.jpg
    IMAG0191.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,657
1947 Soncini Sport Bike

GrumpyOldMan":2jwy02nh said:
the first bike I've seen on here for months that has mudguards!

I have a number of bikes with mudguards and have entered a few in the RBotM in the past and it doesn't seem that they attract much attention. The one that I am most proud of is this one-of-a-kind Soncini Sport bike from 1947. I have already opened another discussion where more photos can be seen here

Soncini2.jpg

CRW_0118.jpg

Hopefully it won't bother the purists that is does have indexed shifting (original from 1947), quadruple pivot brakes (also original to the bike in 1947) and custom vertical drop-outs (also original to the bike).

Here is my italian steel frame Legnano 1957, with Campagnolo Gran Sport, Cinelli stem, brooks saddle, Legnano hubs
6275423921_f23ac94241_b.jpg

and this the test ride in Toscany

6353754343_20885920bb_b.jpg

Cool stuff already! (though I agree that the second Merlin--while AWESOME--is a bit too much of an outlier build-wise for the comp. the first one, though, hits all the buttons--what a beaut)

I like the wide spread of bikes we get each month, but I think it would be fun to have a more narrowly themed month every now and again (for 'cross bikes or track bikes?), given the possible entries around.

Galmozzi - ticks the boxes for me so far... just came on see what else had been entered...glad to see this..

Is that really a Galmozzi?

andreaviola":2cmg23oh said:
Here is my italian steel Galmozzi 1967

Are you sure this is a Galmozzi? There is very little that is reminiscent of the many other Galmozzi bikes that I have seen. Angelo Galmozzi himself has stated that there were many "fake" Galmozzi branded bikes, perhaps this is one. I take that the paint was redone given the unusual layout of the down tube decals and the missing address decal. The headbadge also seems somewhat out of place on this frame.

Ma sei proprio sicuro che si tratta di una bici Galmozzi? Nelle foto da lontano che si vedono qua, non c'è niente che farebbe pensare ad una bici Galmozzi. Forse sarebbe opportuno aprire un thread specifico a questa bici dove puoi postare altre foto più dettagliate (infatti secondo le regole del RBotM, non si devono inserire più di 2 foto, onde invogliare la gente ad aprire un thread dedicato). Per quel che ne so io, Galmozzi faceva telai con congiunzioni sella tagliate dritte e non a forma di sella a cavallo negli anni 60. Poi alla fine degli anni 60 avevano per lo più gli occhielli per i parafanghi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back