1993 RTS1&2 TWIN BUILDS NOW WITH PHOTOS.

Thanks rob,

Glad to see that I am doing somthing right!
The plan was finish the rts1 first but I think the rts2 will be done first as am going to remove the rear and get it stripped and sprayed polish the aluminium front end then apply new decals,then rebuild it.

I must admit this really enjoyable hunting for parts(never ends!) asking for advice waiting for that all important part to come .
It's all new to me as these are the first ones I have done but I hope am doing things right.

if mine, i would leave the RTS 2 painted in original colour and decal. its a really nice hue, and as far as i can recall, they only did that scheme for that year only.

it also gives it a subtle difference to your higher end RTS 1 which always look fantastic in their ball burnished livery.

Am not thinking of stripping the rts2 going to leave the frame as it is even the rear end,bit scratched from chain suck,few stone chips but nothing serious.
The rts1 is getting polished,the paint from the rear stripped and re painted(not by me!) then re assembled maybe with new shock from noleen them decals and everything fitted!! Phew.

Back