Mac's and Anti virus

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Should i buy anti virus for my Mac? As i do like to wonder the web.
And both my older Mac's were attacked. I was thinking of buying Intego Virus barrier X5. Any body used?

I'd save your money buying any anti virus software for your Mac. Mines be happily running now for the past 5+ years without anything and no troubles, it's online pretty much all the time too peeking at all sorts the web has to offer. I used to use Nortons on my old Macs bitd but it was too much of a pain.
Just keep downloading all the new system and security upgrades as and when they become available. That's all you'll ever need :)

I hate to say it, but I would.

The banking code was amended in 2008, and now has lots of getouts for banks. If you are found to not be using antivirus and firewall software or aren't using up to date software, you may not be covered if you lost money.

chris667":1x1aw1gf said:
I hate to say it, but I would.

The banking code was amended in 2008, and now has lots of getouts for banks. If you are found to not be using antivirus and firewall software or aren't using up to date software, you may not be covered if you lost money.

Thanks chris667 just when i'd i was looking forward to a nice black Trimble frame again.
Do i feel lucky :? :LOL:

I, too, have a Mac and in the last 6-7 years have never had a problem with viruses. Part of that is because only about 5% of the computers out there are Macs and the bad guys don't attack them nearly as much because of that. Your Internet Provider should have some security in place, also. However, if you are still afraid of infection, then by all means spend the extra money for an Anti-Virus program.

Back