Any Runners or Joggers?

Ollie

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Wondered if anybody here did a bit of running or jogging in their spare time?
I never really thought about running as a hobby but a couple of years ago after a stressful day at work I thought I'd go for a jog to clear my head and everything just clicked...

It's now regular on a bi-weekly basis and I certainly feel better for it :) .

Yeah, but I am not very good ... :LOL:

But jogging around the local fields is a real head clearer / direction setter when faced with a tricky presentation or meeting etc.

Get some form of mesurment because you get a further boost when you see improvements that wouldn't necessarily be quite so obvious without some form of tracking :D

I find swimming similar (and I am comparatively better at that), you can just kind of zone out :cool: I am swimming open water now which really amplifies the calmness / freedom :D but it needs more planning and time compared to running from the front door and being back in an hour or so :-(

WD :D

Exactly the same as you! Local fields for me also! It's certainly a great stress release, that's the beauty of running, you can go and slip on a tshirt and shorts and leave the house within 5 minutes.

I always managed to cycle no problem but running was a real struggle, but after a fortnight of a couple of mile runs the frequent stitches just went. Now I'm just trying to improve my distance but it's still fun :D .

There's some dude on here that can run really well - there was another thread on here about him training for a marathon :cool:

I only started to run to train for tough mudder, and in the fields to save my knees :D

I find that as a rule, I run better in the dark when it's raining ??? :? :LOL:

I did a run the other night at sunset and found I went like the clappers because it was going dark for some reason :LOL: .

I didn't really know what went through my head at the time, I had just completed a mountain of work and I had nothing prepared to do so I thought I'd slip my trainers on and go for a jog, never looked back since :D .

Been running since my teens and now in my early 40s.

I go 3 times a week and anything up to 8 miles at a time. That's a nice balance for me in avoiding injury/getting overtired/not getting in the way of mountain biking.

I used to run longer - but after a 2 1/2 hour runs on Sunday I was finding I basically wasn't fit for owt else except lying on the sofa for the rest of the day afterwards.

Re:

I try to run a couple of times a week, inbetween the Mtb'ing, I usually run along the beach or off-road somewhere. I guess I just don't like tarmac! :LOL:
My average heart rate is usually at least 10bpm higher when I run, although I max out at the same level on bike or running.
Running seems to work muscles that cycling doesn't, and being out in the countryside I find myself just zoning out and thinking only about running and my surroundings, it's a nice "time out" :)

Oddly I just can't seem to run/cycle whilst listening to music, it puts me right off my stride! yet others I know swear by putting some tunes on when they go out for a run :?

Yeah, that's the thread I was thinking of :D

Ref the comment on music - yes, always with my iPod on and the polar beat women interrupting every half mile telling me I am crap and about to die :LOL:

Not tried with music yet will have to give it a go. I could possibly just use tha playlist I have for the turbo trainer :D .

Back