Any Runners or Joggers?

I listen to audio books and podcasts while running. They don't block out all of the ranges like some music can and so you can still hear traffic, sheep, birds etc.

I listen to audio books and podcasts while running. They don't block out all of the ranges like some music can and so you can still hear traffic, sheep, birds etc.

Been running 2 or 3 times a week, mon wed lunchtime and fri evening during bst for quite few years.
Always against the clock and times logged. It is a bit depressing seeing my times drop as i get older and knowing there is nowt i can do about it..... sctualky there is, if i could lose 10 kg i recon thatll gain me a couple of minutes.

This is my favourite loop at the moment - more fun and more 'chilling' (both mentally and physically :LOL:) than the local field ... :cool:

Picture taken this morning :D

WD :D

I've been doing it on and off for a couple of years... usually 5 or 6km, but anything up to 15 if I can get motivated for it. usually road, but sometimes trail. I still prefer biking, but it's a way to get out with friends, and I get a lot more exercise done in 30 mins of running than I could in 30 mins of cycling (that's about all the time I ever manage to get free at one go!)

Have been meaning to try and get into it seriously - I have some friends who now do marathons and half marathons or 10/15k races almost every week. The first is a cyclist turned runner who can now knock out a marathon in 3h27 and a half in about 1h30, the other did very little exercise at all until about 5 or 6 years ago and his time for the local marathon last year was 3h13m :shock:

if I could even just finish a marathon, I'd be quite chuffed with myself! I keep trying to start training for one, to give me something to aim at, but other stuff and lack of motivation always get in the way :facepalm:

WD, I know I should know where that pic was taken - it rings a very large bell somewhere in my memory, but I can't for the life of me remember where!

Back