London Marathon training thread, anyone ?

Jones

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Anyone else running London this year ? Always helps to compare suffering levels :LOL:

Training is going o.k at the moment but not great, hoping to get under 3 hours this year but it's going to be tight :)

18 miles tomorrow followed by cross country on Sunday followed by a snooze :D

Re:

When I ran my marathon PB I just turned up and ran, no training required ;)

I ran around the Mont Blanc Marathon route last year. We took a few wrong turns which extended it a bit and according to my Garmin it ended up at 27.8 miles with 10,200 ft of ascent and all at altitudes of between 3500 to 7200 ft. That was suffering on a whole new level. Tried to get entry for the 2015 race but missed out on the ballot this year. Which to be honest I wasn't too upset about :LOL:

I ran my first ultra marathon a few months ago too; 45 miles. I'm not sure which was worse Mont Blanc or the Ultra. You get to the point where you are completely and utterly wrecked and then you have to keep running for another 3 hours or more :LOL:

Re:

I'm running London marathon then a 62 mile ultra in July, the Jungfrau marathon in September and then Snowdon marathon in October.

I've done 3 marathons in a year before but not sure of the wisdom of 3 and an ultra :D guess I'll find out in October :)

Day off today as I'm knackered after cross country yesterday, 10 mile tempo run planned for tomorrow :)

Here and any sponsorship would be appreciated :)

www.justgiving.com/amcalley

Banged in another 12 miles yesterday - perfect running conditions. Got the Reading half soon and a couple of 18-20 milers planned before the big day.

New Nike Structures are wearing in well. It's the fucking fundraising that's giving me nightmares.

Re:

Just donated :) done the fundraising thing the last couple of years and its a bloody nightmare :D

I've got Llanelli 1/2 marathon coming up, if I can finish that in 1.25 ish I'll be a bit more confident of sub 3 in London; ran Tregaron 1/2 last weekend which was a tough hilly course in 1.28 so I think I can be there or thereabouts :)

Re: Re:

Jones":2am6n4d7 said:
Just donated :) done the fundraising thing the last couple of years and its a bloody nightmare :D

I've got Llanelli 1/2 marathon coming up, if I can finish that in 1.25 ish I'll be a bit more confident of sub 3 in London; ran Tregaron 1/2 last weekend which was a tough hilly course in 1.28 so I think I can be there or thereabouts :)

Thank you very much! If you have a page then let me know, or did you get in through the infamous, impossible ballot?

No problem :) I've got a 'good for age' place, so I'm now one of the people I used to moan about making it impossible to get a ballot place :D

9 miles done tonight at 6.55 m/mile pace, perfect out there for running tonight :)

Won my first race today whoo hoo :D it was only a small local race but a win is a win :) 8k Fell Race in Garnswllt, overtook the leader at the start of the final climb at 6k and ran as fast as my little legs would go :)

I'd love to celebrate with a beer tonight but I've got to get 20 miles in tomorrow :)

Christ - you're effing quick! I'll average anything between 08:00 - 08:40 a mile depending how steep it is and how alive my legs feel.

Reading half in a few weeks where I'm aiming to match last years 1:52.

Back