London Marathon training thread, anyone ?

Re:

22 miles done and dusted, nice to get a warm training run in the bag :) finished feeling really strong and knocked the last few miles out at 7 m/miles, best I've felt so far so pretty happy with that :)

Last long run done, just nice little runs for two weeks now :) I was having a bit of a wobble about going for sub 3 hours as training has been a bit hit and miss.

I'd sort of made up my mind to go for sub 3:10 which I'd still be happy with :) but I had a great run yesterday the best of all my long training runs and might just have timed this right for once :) 18 miles at 7:05 pace and felt very comfortable, so it's back on :)

Re:

Only just seen this thread Jones , sounds like you've had a few set backs with training but you've still been setting a great pace. I do a little bit of running , i've only ever done one full marathon though. What's your quickest time for a marathon ? Anyways i just wanted to wish you the bestest of luck fella, 3 hours / 3.10 would be amazzzzzing , fingers crossed that you get good conditions. I'll be looking forward to hear how things go :D

Thanks Woody :) I ran 3:14 in Snowdon Marathon last October which was a new pb by 15 minutes so I'm looking to knock another 15 minutes off :)

I seem to be hitting some form just at the right time, so fingers crossed I can have a good go at sub 3 :)

3 hours :LOL:

If I can get sub 04:20 I'll be happy.

Had 2 mates finish the Brighton marathon on Sunday, in two very contrasting times: 3:44 and 4:40. Both are sun-burnt!

Doesn't matter what time you do, it's still 26.2 miles of pain :D

Starting to look forward to it now, can't wait to finish the race, back to the hotel and then out for my first beer since New Years Eve :)

Always freaks me out dropping the miles so much in these last two weeks, it just feels wrong :D

6.5 miles done last night, all sub 7 m/miles with a couple of 6:20s at the end just for fun :)

Re:

Just for fun he says...

Did 8 miles this morning with a final 8 planned Saturday before just the daily cycle commute next week.

Balls!! Think my London Marathon hopes have gone up in smoke. Went for a nice gentle run yesterday but had to walk the final four miles home.

Something in my inner thigh went very very tight, bad enough that it was pulling my hip and knee joints out of place and it was pain in those areas that made me stop and walk.

It's a lot better this morning so I'm still hanging on to a small hope of being able to run but it's not looking good.

Back