Just skip to 2:30.....

videojetman":2otfmuu7 said:
2 mins 40 secs is great. Watched it about 10 times.
Made me cringe a little but the postman at 2:00 in surly can be let off from this crowd of IDIOTS :facepalm:

Some less than ideal riding. Bit self righteous compiling them and posting on you tube though,

John":3bictdvu said:
Bit self righteous compiling them and posting on you tube though,
Yeh your right John! Just more ammo for the motorist to use in their fight against cyclists who do not abide by the law!

John":1342c56v said:
Some less than ideal riding. Bit self righteous compiling them and posting on you tube though,

I completely agree.
It's only the last one that's worth bothering with....but it's so worth the wait :D

Many people get on their high horse about cyclists and 'rule breaking' but I find it all faintly ridiculous. When I get to junction, where there are no cars waiting and no pedestrians waiting, then I might skip across it. I could do it quite legally by stepping off my bike, running 10 metres across the road and then getting back on. But really, what is the point? Who am I protecting by having to do that. And the reason why car drovers can't do it is simple, they drive 2 ton metal boxes which can kill people and they don't have 360 degree vision to look around them in order to do it safely. I've lost count of the number of traffic light sets in London where drivers, cyclists and pedestrians all sit and wait for the lights while nothing at all moves because the lights have been badly sequenced. Technology is supposed to serve us, not us it!

cycletothesea":1lfhx9aq said:
Many people get on their high horse about cyclists and 'rule breaking' but I find it all faintly ridiculous. When I get to junction, where there are no cars waiting and no pedestrians waiting, then I might skip across it. I could do it quite legally by stepping off my bike, running 10 metres across the road and then getting back on. But really, what is the point? Who am I protecting by having to do that. And the reason why car drovers can't do it is simple, they drive 2 ton metal boxes which can kill people and they don't have 360 degree vision to look around them in order to do it safely. I've lost count of the number of traffic light sets in London where drivers, cyclists and pedestrians all sit and wait for the lights while nothing at all moves because the lights have been badly sequenced. Technology is supposed to serve us, not us it!

The only issue I have with this is that cyclists are required to obey the Highway Code... and while junction running / red light jumping may be relatively less dangerous on a bike than in a car it's all fuel for the cyclist haters, which affects us all. I'm not self-righteous about the rules of the road, but I have to say it annoys me when commuters scream through a red light while I'm waiting next to the cars!

The only issue I have with this is that cyclists are required to obey the Highway Code... and while junction running / red light jumping may be relatively less dangerous on a bike than in a car it's all fuel for the cyclist haters, which affects us all. I'm not self-righteous about the rules of the road, but I have to say it annoys me when commuters scream through a red light while I'm waiting next to the cars!

It annoys me too, I've had many heated arguments with other cyclists I've seen shouting their way through pedestrians who are legally crossing the road. Brings us all down. But that shouldn't mean that other cyclists who are safe and sensible but not necessarily legal should be hated by all. The Highway Code wasn't written by (or designed for) cyclists I'm sure.

Back