Charlie Brown Christmas '94 Brodie Sovereign Colour Pics P6

jimi911

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Tis' the season - this is sorta the Brodie no one wanted.

I have been building this a tad in secret. It's been on a few FB groups I frequent and my Instagram but nothing here ... Probably because I'm a little embarrassed my 89 blizzard isn't done.

It's a 1994 Brodie Sovereign. One of the last built with gator geometry. Thanks RockiMtn for the sovereign decals.

You may recognize it. It was in here as one of those cool finds that someone tossed a bunch of $$$ at and than lost interest I guess. It went to shutter. I was buying a pile of stuff off him and he offered me this for an insanely low price. I mean cheap!!! I felt sorry for it ... It deserved a new life.

Of course I had the key ingredients in my parts hoard:

I know ... Another white and black bike, but I take em as they come :) The frame was painted by Toxic Harold in BC so I had him do the stem and gator legs to match:

Great service from Harold and thanks Gil for the decals :)

That got me to here - NOS XT730 post and raceface headset

NOS Paul levers and XT 732 thumbs. Brodie bar. I had the clamp re-anno'ed black and tossed a bunch of black Ti at it. Brodie braces, NOS diacompe 987s, and a NOS ringle/mavic 231/smoke and dart wheelset. I tried more of the black on white look but it was too harsh so I softened it with silver. NOS 735 RD on the back.

And now you are caught up. I'm stalled now. Bloody DHL and Canada post managed to loose a huge building bits order I made in October and all my builds are are halted as a result ... Ugh.

Re: Charlie Brown Christmas Brodie Sovereign

Wow! Looks great
I'm curious what serial number you have for comparison to mine as I'm having issues with fork selections. Some say a gator will work and others say mag21 and others say good luck ;)
Mine is a June '94 Sovereign.
How did you find out what fork to use?

and I totally love the white and black theme, its pretty rad :)

Nice white one! it seems like everyone in Canada is riding nice bikes!

Re:

Thanks guys ... I'm pretty pleased with it.

It's #3443 which puts it Sept 1994 according to Paul. The bike was found with threadless gators on it, so I guess it was built for them.

The whole Frameset was done white by Harrold in the original restore, and than it was parted out with someone taking just the gators. Shutter got the frame on fleabay and tried to sell it for a long while with no takers. Than he offered to me for a price no one could say no to and here she sits getting a pretty nice treatment of parts.

Very, very, very nice! That's a bike I wouldn't be ashamed to be seen on.
Hope you're gonna ride it? Be a shame for it to be hidden away as a garage queen.

Leighcal":2lkewet8 said:
Very, very, very nice! That's a bike I wouldn't be ashamed to be seen on.
Hope you're gonna ride it? Be a shame for it to be hidden away as a garage queen.

Thanks!

Only one Garage Queen for me ... a Stumpjumper ironically.

The Sovereign will make it out for rides next year. I have a rotation of bikes I ride a lot and some I save for special occasions. I probably won't beat this one up as much as my Brodie BHDT.

We actually have a little local ride group we have been putting together for next spring. Should be fun to get all these bikes out. Some really really cool bikes are coming out of hiding in Southern Ontario.

Looks very nice, but I was expecting a yellow bike with a black zig-zag stripe down it!
Slightly deflated now! :(

:LOL:

Back