1992 Orange Aluminium Elite Neo Retro Rebuild

homerjay

Old School Hero
Ive decided to build a modern version of a old classic. So I recently bought an old alu elite on ebay for £60

Retro frame and forks, but modern components and finishing kit is the plan.

Stripped it down

Powder Coated (£40) and decals by gil_m (£30)

More to follow...

Re:

Been busy, nice job on the frame, I remember seeing it on Ebay a few weeks back, done a mighty fine job, and Gil's Decals look brilliant!

Must have missed out seeing this on Ebay ! Nice frame and good look on the rest of the build, I look forward to seeing the finished results :) !

Re:

Some one did a white Alu 'O' and I have often thought of doing a white Clockwork. White with decals from the 1988-93 era just look right. :cool:

Carge":13zqgbdw said:
Looks good - mind if I ask what you used to strip it?

paint shop did it.

i spent hours/days stripping my e2 early this year with nitromors.... which was utterly pointless as i could never polish it up to an acceptable finish.

this time i just removed the decals and left it with the paint shop to dunk in some form of acid.

homerjay":2dissjah said:
Carge":2dissjah said:
Looks good - mind if I ask what you used to strip it?

paint shop did it.

i spent hours/days stripping my e2 early this year with nitromors.... which was utterly pointless as i could never polish it up to an acceptable finish.

this time i just removed the decals and left it with the paint shop to dunk in some form of acid.

So dipped/stripped and powder coated for £40 - BINGO!
I will give them a call in the morning - cheers! :)

Back