Zolatone respray options

mtbnut

Dirt Disciple
Just got a Bear Valley F+F but the paintjob's got a lot of gaps in it :(

What are the options for a sympathetic respray?

Also, is one of these any good for removing the BB fixed cup - Can't find a fixed cup spanner for less than £20 and local Halfords didn't even know what one was, let alone whether they had one in their toolkit or not.
Non-drive side shell came out dead easy, hoping drive side will be as accomodating

beva-1.jpg

beva-2.jpg

beva-3.jpg

beva-4.jpg

beva-5.jpg

beva-6.jpg

beva-7.jpg

beva-8.jpg

beva-9.jpg

beva-10.jpg

beva-11.jpg

beva-12.jpg

beva-13.jpg

beva-14.jpg

Re:

It's a sorry state when no-one I know (or me) has an engineer's vice - Workmates and clamps have ruined workbenches :LOL:

Cheers for the link on the spanner, I was hoping to do it on the cheap though - will try the jammed-bolt approach first, I'm not looking to save the cup as I'll stick a modern BB in there

Re:

Are there no "proper" bike shops near you that can help?

You might be able to find a cheaper adjustable on Ebay and at least an adjustable spanner might be handy for other things, unlike a proper BB spanner, which is pretty much useless for anything else.

Re: bob cup

Drench with oil through non drive side with frame on its side, let it soak into threads over night if really seized , a few reasonable taps of the bob cup with descent hammer to break the stick then use quality adjustable , should come out . I've used my blow lamp on them before if paint finish isn't to be saved.

Latest posts

Back