1997 made 1998 GT Zaskar LE

fitzroybikeco

Retro Guru
Hi Guys, just got my hands on one of my dream bikes. A 98 Zaskar LE, going to be building this up with XTR M952 and as much correct stuff as I can find. This is how it looks at the moment. I have a NOS Judy shock the same as the one in the pic that will go on the bike.

Can anyone tell me where this sticker colour combo is from? I had a look at the catalogues and this obviously has been replaced at some point.

cheers

Russ

14437775859_ff15105fa3_c.jpg

14621155581_f737520aa6_c.jpg

14621155031_dcb1913971_c.jpg

Re: Re:

NeilM":35n5uatm said:
Decals look 94 /95 ish to me.

Stickers are based on the 1994 year, however they look like a cheap eBay set so they won't be accurate. 1995 had sorta the fractured style lettering, 1994 lettering had rounded edges:)

I like those style dropouts, shame they only made them for a year or so

Sean :cool:

Re:

Ah 1998 - the first year zaskar without the canti guide on the seattube.

Decals might not be right but they do look cool

Very nice, I can't quite put my finer on it but there something special about Zakar's.

Thanks guys, yeah I like the decals but thinking of going legit from Gil. Going to do a polish job on the frame as well.

Does anyone have a nice resolution image of what it should look like? I have the catalogues from the site but they are not great resolution.

Re:

Go for whichever stickers you like best, from Gil of course ;-)
I put 91 decals on my 97 as I like them best. Thinking of changing to right ones though soon and am in the process of swapping out non retro parts.

Back