My new bike!

Agency_Scum

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just finished it off yesterday. Bought this frame and fork off Retrobate at the Bristol Bike Jumble last year. Not only is it a '93 Parkpre Sceptre Comp frame; it is actually THE VERY Parkpre I bought from Mud Dock Cycleworks in 1994! Here you go...

11929609936_75523bd0a6_o.jpg

11928753445_47c5a511b8_o.jpg

Pleases me loads that the drivetrain and extras are from my ( back-in-the-day ) dream wish list:

XTR, Middleburn Duo, ti seatpost and handlebar, XT thumbies and Flite saddle...bliss.
Ooh and it rides brilliantly!!

Me likes! It's funny how we re-visit ourselves after 20 years. Have you taken her on the trails?

Nice work :D It must feel great to get a bike back that you thought you would never see again. I'm sure a lot of us would love to be able to do the same with some of our past steeds.

Took it out Friday to ( mis ) lead a club night ride but as it was a new build I played safe with Motoraptor 2.4 tyres, triple 737 XT chainset and Marzocchi Z Light forks to combat the deep mud and 1st club ride in weeks. Felt the confidence pouring back and decided to go rigid and light. NOT disappointed at all; a very stable ride.

Brilliant story ! Would love to find my 89 bear valley but that would be a miracle ! Bet you were chuffed to bits !

I was SUPER CHUFFED. I preach to all at the Bristol Bike Jumble to come as a blank page and ( para-phrasing Fletcher from " Porridge " ) to be prepared to " Buy Now and Think Later!
Retrobate opened the conversation with " 'Ere Mark, remember this you sold me over 10 years ago?
...and I nearly tore his arm off I bought it so quick.

@Coomber,
sorry mate, some things must NEVER be sold so the XT chainset goes back to...

John%20Niven%20column-1571926.jpg

The Spares Bunker

Back