kona uhu

badger1

Dirt Disciple
finally got a picture off my phone of my kona when it arrived a few weeks ago i payed 100 quid off ebay but they retailed for 1700 quid in 1997 its in pieces at the moment down to the frame ready to paint doesnt need much got a new bottom bracket new freewheel hub, brake pads just needs a good strip down grease up bearings paint and rebuild :D easy
194-1.jpg

frame should be getting repaired this week
005-2.jpg

and the forks are getting stripped and rebuilt (were can i get another red knob from?)
217.jpg

got some new decals coming from gil so thought i better try and get the old ones off tried picking at them then a hair dryer made it a bit easyer then the wife took the dog out so i gently warmed them on the gas cooker they come off real easy then :D

i had the frame welded tonight hope its strong, time will tell.
006-1.jpg

004.jpg

002-1.jpg

the guy welding it is simon owner of Celsius Engineering in Carlisle

badger1":uoejanqg said:
got some new decals coming from gil so thought i better try and get the old ones off tried picking at them then a hair dryer made it a bit easyer then the wife took the dog out so i gently warmed them on the gas cooker they come off real easy then :D

Love it!!

badger1":2g7y3fk9 said:

Love it!!

badger1":333zfpcm said:

Cheers coffee went everywhere at that :LOL: :LOL:

help on chains please
i have a sram pc48 that came with the bike but i believe the correct chain should be shimano ig 51 , ive done a quick search and i can get new from the bay of e for around £10 or crc do a sram pc850 for £10 reduced from £20 whats the best thing to do, keep original or buy better for the same money :?

I think the original would have been a shimano.

They will both work fine so it's up to you which you go for.

Back