Scott Pro Evolution 1991 FINISHED :) A couple of new parts..

dan_b

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi All,

This is my current project, purchased from Earl Hickey (Terry) yesterday... The aim is to respray and rebuild with all parts... Most parts are good, I will look for a stem, bars and a seat post... I also need a new bottom bracket and headset. I will measure up the decals and get these made up too... I am hoping to get this built with a short turn around. I received the Scott yesterday, I swapped the tyres for some City Jets, stuck my Flite from my Marin SS and also borrowed the Zoom Stem, set up all the brakes and rear mech and went for a ride. The Scott rides really nice, although very stiff compared to my other bikes... I always liked these Evo's from the day I purchased my Windriver new in 90/91...

Some pictures from yesterday:

IMG00089.jpg

IMG00090.jpg

IMG00091.jpg

IMG00092.jpg

IMG00102.jpg

IMG00101.jpg

IMG00100.jpg

IMG00094.jpg

The frame has the normal wear and tear of a 19 year old but just needs a fresh paint... The pictures are not that clear as I took the photo's with my gooseberry... I have a thing for nice fresh paint...

After the ride and an hour, this is how it looks:

IMG00103.jpg

More to follow this week-end when I get stuck in...

The only thing I may go for is a silver stem, bars and seatpost... They always look good with silver rims (RM17's)... My only doubt is that the black forks make the silver stem look out of place... Not sure!

Ta.

Dan.

Pickle":2ifnhqny said:
Should scrub up well, although its not bad as it is ;)

Yeah, I know it does look good... There are a lot of chips all over the frame that the pictures do not show... My idea was to use it as it is good enough but I have decided to rejuvenate the paint... It will hoefully look as though it has stepped out of the shop... :D :D

take pictures of decals and Gil will make you a nice set .

just got hold of a nice Scott myself and looking forward to the build .

cchris2lou":1cn3pwj7 said:
take pictures of decals and Gil will make you a nice set .

just got hold of a nice Scott myself and looking forward to the build .

I'll definitely get in touch then, is his user name Gil? I'll get some good pictures and sizes ready...

mikeekim89":2ng4g03e said:
:LOL: no my friend, his name is Gil_M best if you e-mail him though, he prefers that.

OK, thanks for pointing me in the right direction... I'll get in touch when I have sized everything up...

i think all you need too do is give him the frame size and year and he'll do the rest, many a retro-biker has loved and rides on Gil's work.

mikeekim89":1sv3we1u said:
i think all you need too do is give him the frame size and year and he'll do the rest, many a retro-biker has loved and rides on Gil's work.

Sounds even better... :D :D :D

Back