Retrobike RetroRoadRide Gospel Pass 2014 AFTERMATH

Re: The Retrobike RetroRoadRide Series 2014 AFTERMATH

What an ace day!! Gospel never fails to deliver and deliver it did !!

Massive thank you to Ed for hospitality and the little boss the spread after was amazing !! :D

The decent back into hay was madness!! :cool:

Didn't take many photos but here are a few

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,002
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,002
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,002

One of my fave rides and yet again, it didn't disappoint, an almost perfect 70 miles and 5000ft of climbing with great food at the end....Many thanks to all for a great day.

The weather treated us too - Perfect :D

Attachments

• rb8.JPG
    rb8.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 997
  • rb7.JPG
    rb7.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 997
  • rb6.JPG
    rb6.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 997
  • rb5.JPG
    rb5.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 997
  • rb4.JPG
    rb4.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 997
  • rb3.JPG
    rb3.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 997
  • rb2.JPG
    rb2.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 997
  • rb1.JPG
    rb1.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 997

Some more...

Attachments

• rb100.JPG
    rb100.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 994
  • rb11.JPG
    rb11.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 994
  • rb12.JPG
    rb12.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 994
  • rb5.JPG
    rb5.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 983
  • rb4.JPG
    rb4.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 983
  • rb3.JPG
    rb3.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 983
  • rb2.JPG
    rb2.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 983
  • rb1.JPG
    rb1.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 984

Superb day out - great route, stunning scenery, great group of guys, excellent food and hospitality and sunshine, what more could you ask for? :)

(And Dave's entertaining tumble, shame there's no footage of it ;))

"Tumble" it at least deserves a crash?!?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 985
Re:

Back at Monty Towers, worn out but safe, sound and well, a bit smelly actually. What a fantastic day out. Autumn sunshine and stunning scenery.
A very big thank you to our hosts for the day and especially to Vinia for the post ride feed. I think we all earned it. Great climbs and an epic descent into Hay that I won't forget in a long time. Gospel Pass ticked all the boxes and pushed all the buttons. Definitely up there amongst my favourite rides this year. As always a great bunch of guys to spend a day with and I look forward to the next time. That apple crumble is a bit special! Hope the cuts heal up soon Daj.

All the best - Chris.

Re:

Little of value to add to what has already been said but that hasn’t stopped me in the past.

Many thanks to all who came, especially those who travelled 3 hours each way. We were amply rewarded with the sunny weather and fantastically clear views from the top of the Pass and the run in to Hay was as brisk as it was spectacular. Thankfully Dave’s dramatic pratfall (is riding into a hedge on a flat road really a crash?) did not dampen the enjoyment. Also thanks to Vinia for the spread, looking forward to more of the chilli and apple crumble this week.

Bike of the ride? Should be Jon’s 3 speed but think the deep aero rims probably edge him out (front was on backwards too) so it has to go to Calamity Dave who turned up for a bout of good natured arm wrestling with a Glock tucked into his waistband (noet this is a simile as it really would have been unacceptable if he'd come packing heat).

Re:

Great day all round. With a 4:30am start I was always going to start the ride a little under-slept. But Ed's breakfast, coffee and conversation soon woke me up a little more.

The weather was just about as perfect as it could have been. Warm sunshine whenever we stopped, and a cool breeze on the climbs. The views were naturally spectacular, even if a bit spoilt by a bunch of lycra clad blokes on old and plastic bikes.
Speaking of which the company was, as ever, really top notch. A great bunch to share a day's riding with.

Can't really add much more about the amazing descent off the pass. It did feel like playing a computer game though.

Unfortunately my lack of mileage over the last few months really began to show when my legs went with about twelve miles to go. Each little climb became blissful agony. I channelled my inner Jens Voigt to get myself through the mean streets of Hereford at the end.

Massive thanks finally to Vinia for the lovely and very plentiful spread of food. It's so nice to finish a ride and receive such hospitality. I'm not sure why Ed prefers sweaty value pork pies though...

Eventually arrived home at 10 pm last night. Since then I have mostly been asleep. Legs feel okay now.

Lake District next.

daj":2g3cat56 said:
"Tumble" it at least deserves a crash?!?

Have you checked the yoghurt pot for damage? Should probably replace the frame to be on the safe side.

Back