Holts Lonsdale - Derby

Re:

There's a blast from the past! My mate at uni bought a bike from them in 89/90 and I used to use them a bit. They were a tiny, dark, old fashioned kind of shop that offered good value honest service. There was a Penny Farthing in the window.
I remember they sold refurbished bikes which were lined up outside in the day, as there wasn't room in the shop for bikes and customers. I'm not entirely sure they even sold new bikes back then. Can't imagine they built their own frames..?

Re:

Well done Trebz

That looks similar to my mystery white bike, the down tube cable stop and the rear dropouts are very similar,
maybe some help to finding out what it is.

ferrus do you remember seeing any bikes similar to the ebay one? just wondering if they imported any frames/bikes etc

Here's a link to my bike... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=165355

Its the down tube cable stops that keep me wondering who made it, why go to all that work just for cable stops?

cheers kaya

legrandefromage":3brumze7 said:
That screams 1986 when I had a similar bike and the pink mech saver.

Funny you should say that LFG, I was looking at the shifters and they look like the shimano EZ's on my 86 kili

Re: Re:

kaya":3ca6p057 said:
ferrus do you remember seeing any bikes similar to the ebay one? just wondering if they imported any frames/bikes etc
kaya
I can only remember second hand bikes being sold, can't say for certain though.
It seems odd for the shop to have their own frame decals if they didn't sell their own/branded bikes - unless they just stuck 'em on bikes they'd refurbished or resprayed, as is sometimes the case.

My local used to respray / rebuild stuff with their own decals - 'Solec' in Huntingdon and he's the owner of a small mint CB Antaeus 653 too.

Back