WTD: cheapest place to get a 8 speed goldie lookin' chain?

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Im after one of those posh gold looking ti-nitride chains.

Wheres the cheapest place to get one from? Ive had a look around the online and they kind of fluctuate in price...

JS1500, that's a 9 spd you linked to. I've also been questing for a gold, 8 spd chain, and would give up and buy a 9 spd in a second if it'll function proper.

Jez,

Not sure if this is of any use but...

Always used to run a Sedis Gold chain on my Avalanche. That was 7 sp though and not ti-nitride blah, but they crop up quite often on you know where...

That's not really helped you at all has it...

Re: WTD: cheapest place to get a 8 speed goldie lookin' chai

jez-2-many-bikes":3v2o5910 said:
Im after one of those posh gold looking ti-nitride chains.

tam86013.jpg

+

chain12.jpg

=

sad.jpg

gold chain

If you keep checking ebay for Wippermann chains, they made an 8-speed gold chain just a few years ago.

stretchb0x":3r304v9w said:
JS1500, that's a 9 spd you linked to. I've also been questing for a gold, 8 spd chain, and would give up and buy a 9 spd in a second if it'll function proper.

I've not been on a long ride with it yet but it seems to work fine on my 8 - speed setup.
I though 8 & 9 speed were the same spacing?

9 speed chains are narrower. 9 speed cassette fits in the same space as an 8 speed because the sprockets are closer together hence needs a narrower chain. 9 speed front mechs are also a bit narrower to compensate for this.

:?: My French ain't so good and it looks kinda 5 speed..?? But it's Gold!!! :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
KMC X9 Gold is what you need Jez, depending on how much you wanna spend, got mine fairly cheap from somewhere on the internet, cheaper than ebay. My lady found it so will ask her where it was from and let you know.

Back