Pinarello ___?

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I picked this up a few weeks ago. It's pretty much mint - everything is on top condition, hardly a mark on it, a few small chips in the paint and the decals have been replaced but other than that it's almost as new. Groupset is a mix of campag record (gear levers and front mech) and Zeus supercronos (rear mech, chainset, hubs, brakes). The brake levers are a later addition (I've seen this many times - later aero-style levers on earlier bikes) but actually fit in quite well. The previous owner has sanded them down to remove the logos and make them fit in slightly better. It came with mint shimano 6400 clipless pedals too (not shown in these pics). Tyres are modern too. Chain is a very unsed sedis.
There's only one problem with it - it's too small for me :( It's a 54, and I need a 58/59. So once I can work out what model frame it is, the frame and fork will be up for sale so that I can find something my size to hang the parts off!

Any help identifying the frame would be appreciated - it's definitely a pinarello, but the model name is missing. Paint is original as far as I can tell. Headset is english threaded, BB is italian. Seatpost is 27.2mm. Frame number is B862.

now for some pics:

DSCN0018_zpsvbgrxepa.jpg

DSCN0019_zpsnfgrbno4.jpg

DSCN0020_zpsf3qt6jzl.jpg

DSCN0021_zpsvrsarvme.jpg

DSCN0022_zpsxifj2jjz.jpg

DSCN0023_zps0cxd0qey.jpg

DSCN0024_zpshfsullip.jpg

DSCN0025_zpsw3gfz0pb.jpg

DSCN0026_zpszlrhdjod.jpg

DSCN0027_zpskhrwe5yp.jpg

DSCN0028_zpsfmbmhmye.jpg

DSCN0030_zpssgpkveke.jpg

DSCN0031_zpspbmqnwzx.jpg

DSCN0032_zpsjk22macj.jpg

DSCN0033_zpsx4noj0zt.jpg

DSCN0035_zpsscpcfv5p.jpg

DSCN0036_zpsvpqjftja.jpg

DSCN0037_zpsxdycesdo.jpg

DSCN0038_zps1lehyvix.jpg

DSCN0039_zpsupq1lxsu.jpg

DSCN0040_zpsxo5iakta.jpg

DSCN0041_zps6lz9pjus.jpg

DSCN0042_zpssw0nybnl.jpg

DSCN0044_zpslvni4qpf.jpg

DSCN0047_zpsovd7n71k.jpg

DSCN0048_zpsctcdgyfh.jpg

DSCN0049_zpshcvlxw7n.jpg

DSCN0050_zpszzumldcp.jpg

DSCN0052_zpsxwqxa2rz.jpg

DSCN0053_zpshszjq5la.jpg

DSCN0054_zpskmhnayqm.jpg

DSCN0055_zpsbvzvltib.jpg

DSCN0056_zpsgsmkv1jc.jpg

DSCN0058_zpsqemkyeht.jpg

DSCN0059_zpsaiq8uit3.jpg

DSCN0061_zpsdq1qcd7j.jpg

DSCN0062_zpsuysbxigh.jpg

DSCN0063_zpswxgp9p0a.jpg

DSCN0064_zpsr3esywvj.jpg

DSCN0067_zpscfysl02d.jpg

Thanks, that link is useful - it certainly looks the same

while replacing this one with the same model in my size would be ideal, I could quite happily go for something else from the same period - I've always fancied a merckx, amongst other things :LOL:

it could be a pinarello montello?
i've sold one month ago a stunning pinarello replica... but it had the internal routing for the rear brakes and another tipe of lugs for the node between horizontal, vertical and rear diagonal tubes...

The link posted above was to the Record. From what I've read, the record was the predecessor to the montello. Will check out cycleexif later

Thanks

Re:

Nice, looks like a Treviso. 27.2 would fit with it being SL which matches the quality in bothering to chrome the forks and stays. It's not a Montello as they tend to have internal rear brake cable routing and no chainstay bridge.

I don't think it's a treviso, as those didn't have the chromed seatstay caps (none of the ones I've seen, anyway).
The closest I've come so far is the Super Record Special in a link posted above. I'm not sure which features (if any) were swapped or handed down between the various pinarello models though. I haven't been able to find a complete catalogue for each year, so it's hard to determine exactly what year and model it is most likely to be.

Back