MASI Modern - Retro CX / Gravel - Confused Build.

I know that area reasonably well, I'm just a few kms south of Valencia. I imagine you know we're in full lockdown and not allowed out for anything other than absolutely essential reasons, of which cycling is not one? Hopefully they'll see sense and let us exercise individually as in the UK, but until then you're likely to be fined a decent amount if caught. At least the lockdown appears to be working

Yes, I'm generally in full agreement with the lockdown policy, but feel a minor adjustment for exercise in areas with extremely low population density could be beneficial. Looks like France will impose stricter measures tonight and
scrap the exercise clause. Yesterdays ride will be the last till after Easter. Police have started temperature / fever
screening of people trying to come from the coast into the mountains.

Stay safe and sane people.

Attachments

• Lockdown_Grind4.jpg
    Lockdown_Grind4.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 550
Easter almost over. People very disciplined to stay indoors for the duration. The daily
passage of low flying Police helicopters patrolling even these remote valleys seemed
to underline how serious the Spanish government is tacking this.

Since the lockdown, I've already been stopped at Police checks twice in the car and had to produce till receipts
for the groceries. The MASI and a large musette should do the trick for an urgent shop visit
to the closest supermarket 8km away this week. Wished I had a vintage butcher bike build!

Putting closure on this. The MASI served me well during Spanish lockdown, managed to get a few KMs in
going to the shops on a round about route through vinyard service roads. I had to behave since I registered myself
with the local Spanish Guardia Civil so I only took short but frequent justified travels on bike.

I saw a tourist on a turbo trainer underneath his grounded camper van awning with a fan on infront
of him - 13 sprocket mega bucks carbon fiber jobby wearing team kit. A +2000K
bike virtually rendered useless for it's intended purpose whereas more and more people seemed happy
to do a few actual road miles by dusting of any old crap and wearing a ruck sack or putting shopping bags
at each end of the handle bars. Odd times and perceptions of what real cycling actually means.

Personally there is no substitute for balancing and feeling what is happening with the tyres' contact patches.

Drove the 1500km from Spain to home in France last week. At the time both countries were in full lockdown, and
it was the most bizarre and strange road trip I've ever done. Not counting Barcelona area, only 8 cars passed
me in 1500Km - mad thrill seekers in Maseratis / BMWs and emergency medics.

Lockdown is easing in France, so at last I can get some proper miles in without looking over my shoulder.

Such a joy to see you've started tootlin around again. Don't let that Bourgogne drag you back down and away from the road ahead. Keep on peddlin into that head wind.. will only make you strong.

26er":3agy2j5g said:
Such a joy to see you've started tootlin around again. Don't let that Bourgogne drag you back down and away from the road ahead. Keep on peddlin into that head wind.. will only make you strong.

Cheers Buddy. Suppose I had better keep riding, but right now enjoying the "me time" in the man-cave again with metric allen keys in the hand working on the next build......to get me in the Burgundy mountains ;)

The MASI is resting.

Attachments

• Last_Lockdown_Grind.jpg
    Last_Lockdown_Grind.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 317
Back