Sold Custom Build 1995 Kona Sex One 18" Full Suspension Mountain Bike w/ RockShox Judy C Forks 24 Speed

steve_d

Dirt Disciple
£160, based in York
Custom Build 1995 Kona Sex One 18" Full Suspension Mountain Bike w/ RockShox Judy C Hydrocoil Forks 24 Speed in good condition, small signs of wear to the frame, fork paintwork has been touched up which is only apparent on close inspection, very slight movement to the rear triangle, about 1mm, due to slightly worn bushes in the rear shock mounting points, tear to back of saddle. please see photos for condition. A mix of components including Shimano Alivio, Deore LX & Avid. Marzocchi C35 rear shock. Brakes & gears work well and there's no chain skip. Bearings to wheel hubs, bb & headset are good. Tyres in good condition. Forks work well & preload dial works. Bike rides well and feels light & sharp. Weight approx. 13.6 kg, 30 lbs.

Bike has been built up completely from a bare frame using quality used components and the cranks & bb have been upgraded to Hollowtech. The gears have been indexed correctly and the bike has had a service and clean.

Spec-

Frame- 7005 double butted aluminium, chromoly rear triangle

Forks- RockShox Judy C Hydracoil

Rear Shock- Marzocchi C35

Headset- Aheadset

Stem- Unknown, alloy 100mm 25.4

Handlebars- Unknown, alloy risers 600mm wide 25.4

Shifters- Shimano Alivio MC18

Rear Derailleur- Shimano Deore LX

Front Derailleur- Shimano Deore

Brakes- Levers, Avid AD-1.0L; front V-brakes, Avid 20; rear cantilevers, Shimano Altus SLR CT-90-M

Hubs- Front, GT; rear, Shimano 8S MC18 Parallax

Rims- Unknown

Tyres- Schwalbe Puncture Protection City Jet 1.5

Crankset- Shimano Deore LX M571 175 Hollowtech

Bottom Bracket- Shimano Octolink

Grips- Specialized

Saddle- Kona Viscount

Seatpost- Kalloy

Pedals- Unknown, metal platform

Any questions just ask.

Will consider courier services and willing to deliver within 50 miles of York at 50p per mile with a minimum charge of £5

Attachments

• DSC_2770.JPG
    DSC_2770.JPG
    886.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_2771.JPG
    DSC_2771.JPG
    852.2 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_2772.JPG
    DSC_2772.JPG
    954.9 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_2773.JPG
    DSC_2773.JPG
    923.9 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_2775.JPG
    DSC_2775.JPG
    881.7 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_2776.JPG
    DSC_2776.JPG
    835.4 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_2777.JPG
    DSC_2777.JPG
    950.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_2778.JPG
    DSC_2778.JPG
    967.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_2779.JPG
    DSC_2779.JPG
    913.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_2782.JPG
    DSC_2782.JPG
    769.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Hi, I don't suppose you know of a supplier of the suspension bushes that have the slight wear do you?
Im interested in the bike but after a quick google ive drawn a blank.

I don’t know but this one is a steel rear triangle as far as I know. Nice round tube set on the main frame.

Hi, I don't suppose you know of a supplier of the suspension bushes that have the slight wear do you?
Are they anything more special than oilite bushes ? You can get them in a massive range of sizes.

Last edited:
Thanks for your interest, I had a look online myself and couldn't find anything that suited, there is a retro Marzocchi page on Facebook where people make reproduction parts & stickers, there might be something on there https://www.facebook.com/groups/retromarzocchimtb. The movement is very slight and completely unnoticeable when riding, only when you lift the bike.

Steve

Back