TVT Greg Lemond and brake lever/delta set up

cchris2lou":3tvprbkh said:
great work .

I am looking for a TVT at the moment .

@cchris2lou - What size you need ... ?

@cloonaghpat - Wow what a great work, so it's easy for you finally to paint the bottle cages.

Maybe I'm missing something here? but I've never seen any photos of Greg Lemond actually riding a TVT bike in a race with Purple bottle cages! As far as I can see he used silver or white cages! But I stand to be corrected.

gridno27":3phmwzrm said:
... here is a manual to build up your own Greg Lemond TVT92 within his fan Website, where you can
find it and also he rode a pink cycling computer

https://greglemondfans.wordpress.com/20 ... nd-bike-1/

Yes but that is some Fan web site, NOT his actual BIKE.
What I am saying is that I can't find a photo anywhere of Lemond actually riding in a race on a TVT with Pink/Purple bottle cages.
IMHO Pink/Purple bottle cages are not correct if your building an exact replica TVT bike, Just my opinion FWIW.

Re:

It's a strange one, the rest of the team used these pink/purple cages for the Tour - I can't find a picture of Greg on a bike with them in the Tour.

However his bikes in the Giro did have the purple/pink cages.

I used that website a lot for the build. However the decal placement on the downtube also puzzled me. On the fans website it is much lower on the downtube than any photos I saw of Greg's Tour bike (and both of your bikes). However the decal placement on bike build on the fans website does more closely match the Giro bike.

I will upload some screenshots (hopefully the quality will be good).

Attachments

• lemondgiro1a.jpg
    lemondgiro1a.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 533
Re: Re:

cloonaghpat":26zarj1x said:
Greg in the 1990 Giro

Ah Ha you have found some!! thats the first photos I've seen of him using the Purple Cages. You learn something every day ;)
I have photos that I took at the 1990 TDF with other members of the team with the purple cages but none of Lemond using them.
Not sure what your saying about the decals Pat.
But my bike frame was factory supplied & not sprayed up by someone at a later date.
I did see someone mention Blue paint on the frame!!
I supplied these frames NEW when I had a bike shop & the Lemond's I sold were all RED & Yellow paint & the natural black carbon. NOT Blue The blue one were this colour as I have a low pro one in the collection
Blue Low Pro TVT; https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k3x2sqv7bfuy ... SP9ua?dl=0
The Red on the TVT Lemond frames does fade quite badly over time & can look like a sort of Pink colour after a few years exposed to UV light.
I've just had a quick read through of the fans web page & he is wrong on the gears in 1990 Lemond used 8 speed indexed gears with the curved Record down tube shifters as Ergo ergo levers were not about then. I'm not sure he's 100% correct about using Chorus brake levers as that seems to me to be strange?

Chris

Back